Carers allowance help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Carers allowance help

Options
Hi everyone. I have recently been awarded pip daily standard and enhanced mobility. My mother cares for me more than 35 hours a week so someone told her to apply for carers allowance. Before she applies I wanted to check if her partner's earnings will affect her claim. As her partner works full time and lives with us too. But my mother only works 6 hours a week and earns less than 120 pounds. Thanks in advance everyone.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,046 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Question is already answered on your other thread here.

Asking the same question on multiple threads really does get confusing. It's always best to keep to one thread.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • suzyk15
    suzyk15 Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    Options
    Hi I'm claiming carers allowance Also carers element universal credit.had latter to regester  my universal credit online whuch has been verified ..I logged in to my account and its tell8ng me to book interview? Why is this thought I wouldn't have to attend jobcentre now as I'm claiming carers allowance for looking after my mum 
    Please can you help
    Thanks sue
  • poppy123456
    Options
    suzyk15 said:
    Hi I'm claiming carers allowance Also carers element universal credit.had latter to regester  my universal credit online whuch has been verified ..I logged in to my account and its tell8ng me to book interview? Why is this thought I wouldn't have to attend jobcentre now as I'm claiming carers allowance for looking after my mum 
    Please can you help
    Thanks sue
    Is it a recent claim for UC, if so then this will be a standard JC appointment that everyone needs to attend when they first claim. You also need to make sure that your work coach has placed you into the correct group and make sure your job searches have been switched off.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jonny1
    jonny1 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    Options
    She entitled to the allowance as she doesn’t earn enough anyway as a job . And cares for you don’t think her partners salary comes into it
  • suzyk15
    suzyk15 Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    Options
    Hi no its not a new claim for universal credit its because universal credit is now online so you can login to your account ,if you need to make any changes you can let them know by writing in the journal.
    I had to attend a 5 min interview just to be given my pin number .all sorted now dont attend job centre as I'm claiming carers allowance.
  • jonny1
    jonny1 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    Options
    Sorry I’m replying back to the 1st thread 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    jonny1 said:
    She entitled to the allowance as she doesn’t earn enough anyway as a job . And cares for you don’t think her partners salary comes into it
    No, her partners salary isn't counted because they're not the carer your mum is.

Brightness