Discrimination - No housing benefits for SDP recipients !! - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Discrimination - No housing benefits for SDP recipients !!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 172 Pioneering
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Tressell1
    Tressell1 Community member Posts: 25 Courageous
    BTW  i believe the gateway condition excluding SDP claimants from HB were set to force people to UC .... BUTsome here have fought on...
    Yes we have and we will continue too ! I'm hoping for a better new year for us all x
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2018
  • teejays1617
    teejays1617 Community member Posts: 92 Courageous
    Hi Apollo141mp and all readers. I have a draft letter that states its from DWP and
    says Regulation 3 of the Amendment Regulation says clearly that SDP claimants
    in a date in January will be able to make new claims to existing benefits
    The link is http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2014/1230/pdfs//uksi 20141230 en.pdf
    DWP and Universal Credit wrote to Denise Whitehead (Secretary of Social Security Advisory Committee)
    What seems interesting is that the letter mentions draft regulations and an 
    Explanatory Memorandum which gives more detail of the amendments and provides background to the new regulation as well as a Keeling Version.,but all those details are secret between DWP and Denise Whitehead.
    These secret details must be able to tell us which existing benefits will be claimable when the new Amendments come into force in January.
    Mike Hughes said" some people like myself opted to refuse to join Universal Credit and therefore he thinks that the government shouldn't be accountable for the Housing Benefit we have lost"
    With respect I totally disagree with him because who in their right mind would sign up to Universal Credit and lose over £300 @ month in SDP benefit.
    Apollo141mp I will try like you to backdate my Housing Benefit claim in January
    based on the fact that Housing Benefit was unlawfully not granted and there is clear evidence of discrimination towards Disabled people with SDP benefits
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • teejays1617
    FAO mikehughescq and all readers. 
    I have not misquoted what you said.You said " There is no financial difference
    between someone on Universal Credit unable to claim SDP and someone on old legacy benefits claiming SDP. You are totally wrong ,hence why so many people
    are proving the loss off transitional benefits is unacceptable. Losses of up to £300
    @ month.
    You said" You will add me to your ignore list"
    I hope the moderator on this site stops you being so rude to other users on this site.
    You have been very rude to Apollo141mp and it isn't acceptable
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2018
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Please remember our community guidelines.  Also consider that member's post are opinion not necessarily fact.  Can we all please treat eachother with some courtesy.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • teejays1617
    REF SAM SCOPE 
    I am only one out of many that make comments but I'd like to say a big thankyou
    to SCOPE for such a brilliant site were current issues like how Disabled people
    are being penalised by the shortcoming of the Universal Credit are discussed.
    Will do our utmost to treat each other with courtesy
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
  • teejays1617
    Does anyone have any up to date news on the new Gateway condition for
    ESA claimants with SDP ,hopefully in place by January 16th 2019?
    I have had to pay full rent for a year out of my benefits which have seriously affected my deteriorating medical condition/
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    There's no updates to this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • teejays1617
    Thanks Apollo11cdr. Also if anyone hears anything about the new gateway
    condition for Esa claimants receiving SDP ,please relpy on here.
    Many thanks and Happy New Year to everyone
  • Tressell1
    Will keep you updated if I hear anything as contacting our LA's may help them to actually find out for us and because each of our LAs may have different things to say . I'd  Ignore Mike, I've seen his replies on a few discussions (Including my own thread) and they're all rude or very condescending. We are all having a rough time of it , doesn't mean anyone deserves to be disrespected.

Keep fighting ! Happy New Year to you all xx 

• Tressell1
    Well I luckily have 5 I havent used :) .
    Let people do as they please . If it comforts us to call our LA and be proactive then so be it. 

This is a place to find support,discuss and find comfort in knowing others are going through the same . 
    Not somewhere to try and disprove any comment someone makes.  

I'm not being rude ,I'm simply telling you leave people alone and stop attacking those who make suggestions you don't agree with or indeed those who call you out for being dismissive of or completely disregarding their suggestions.  

Highly uncalled for and not necessary. 

We get enough of that treatment from the DWP. 

• [Deleted User]
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi everyone, this is a reminder of the importance of respecting other members. Even if you don't agree with their posts, personal attacks will not be tolerated here on the community. Simply use the 'ignore' function if you don't wish to see posts from any particular members. If you have any queries or concerns about this, you can reach the team by emailing community@scope.org.uk.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2019
  • [Deleted User]
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.