From High rate to Zero — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

From High rate to Zero

karenm01
karenm01 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi,
I have just had my PIP assessment   unbelievable 
I have gone from High rate mobility  (indefinitely) with DLA to ZERO rate mobility on Pips.
I have rung and asked for a copy of the report and start the MR. 
I need the mobility benefit and my blue badge. 

What do I do next please

Comments

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and hopefully you will get some help soon 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

MR is the next stage and you have 1 month to request this. You should put this in writing stating what you disagree with, putting where you think you should have score those points and your reasons why. You need to put 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you did that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Did you score any points in the daily living part? You only mention the mobility.

If you don't have an award then your DLA will stop approximately 4 weeks after the decision is made. If you have a mobility car then motability will be in contact with you soon.

My advice is to speak to welfare rights or a law centre near you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • pixie61
    pixie61 Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
    I had exactly the same as you, was on DLA for 11 years, enhanced rate. Now 0 points. I’ve done an MR & now waiting on that decision. In my MR, I pulled the assessors report to pieces, exposing the lies told in there! I’ve even told them I will be seeing my local MP. I have emailed him over this situation. It’s wrong & disgusting what they’re putting us through! Fight on, it’s hard, but necessary x
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, people moving from DLA to PIP have to realise that the two benefits are accessed using two different criterias. DLA is about your disabilit, illnesses, whereas PIP is about your abilities so when you filled in yourvPIP application from you where asked how you managed to do certain tasks ( the descriptors) and it’s these descriptors that you are, where accessed on. That’s where so many people making the transfer between the two benefits often cant and don’t meet the PIP descriptors regarding the mobility part then lose their mobility car and have to start a MR and on to tribunal if needed .
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Do MR and make sure you point out everything you disagree with points wise.
    Send in more evidence if possible.
    I was awarded 4 points for mobility and i ended up going to Tribunal. I won went from Standard care to Enchanced and No Mobility to Enchanced. Good Luck i also sent in 3 years of medical records which is free from your GP.
    Goodluck this site is brilliant for help and guidance and support.

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    karenm01 said:
    Hi,
    I have just had my PIP assessment   unbelievable 
    I have gone from High rate mobility  (indefinitely) with DLA to ZERO rate mobility on Pips.
    I have rung and asked for a copy of the report and start the MR. 
    I need the mobility benefit and my blue badge. 

What do I do next please
    That's what happened to me too - high indefinite mobility & care DLA to 0 points PIP.

• justg72
    justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Hi Karenm01
    So sorry to hear your news. I received exactly the same from enhanced for both to 0 points for both even though my health has not improved. There's so many stories of this happening. Try and get as much evidence as you can to send in with the MR. Only a small percent get changed with an MR and most have to go to a tribunal. Have you contacted CAB? they can advise you with your MR and point you in the right direction. There's also loads of information on this site on how to write an MR.I understand it can be a daunting task and I didn't know where to start. I started by writing notes and then built on them. I found it difficult at first, however I even surprised myself with the final MR. I did mine in stages a bit at a time. I hope you get the support you may need and good luck. 
    Take care
  • ricky1040
    ricky1040 Community member Posts: 121 Pioneering
    I went from mid mobility and low carr to high mobility and no care. But the assessor really did mess mine up and missed loads of what i said out etc. anyways. Dont expect mitacles at mr but do put the effort i to it as is important later when at tribunal. I won mine and get enhanced care and mobility now. U will get there if uou be honest and stick to your guns
  • laceypeach
    laceypeach Community member Posts: 35 Connected
    My gosh this is all so stressful, I was awarded higher rate Dla indefinitely and have just attended my pip f2f on Friday and I felt hopeful after the interview. Reading these stories I really feel for everybody and think to myself surly the dwp have some duty of explanation when something like this happens. I understand they are two different benefits but the point is, you don't suddenly go from being disabled enough to receive a high rate of help to zero points! It's mind boggling and so stressful.
    X
  • vollante
    vollante Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    This enhanced to Zero award also happens when you in receipt of PIP in the first place. My daughter was on enhanced for living and mobility for 5 years and lost both on her assessment. Went for MR but still Zero.She had to go to tribunal and won, all her awards were reinstated.  According to the judge it should never have been stopped in the first place. If your MR fails then go for a tribunal. It seems as if very few cases fail at tribunal , but far too many having to go there in the first place. keep strong and good luck. 

• karenm01
    karenm01 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Well,
    I have applied for a mandatory reconsideration,
    Written my letter as to why I think it should be reconsidered,  so fingers crossed. 
    My GP is writing me a letter, but won't get it in time, so will send it off anyway.  Depending on the outcome, I will appeal and hopefully it will help me then.

I would like to Thank everyone for all of the input and advice.
    I could not have done it without you all.

THANK YOU 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.