Help needed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help needed

Candyflosshead13
Candyflosshead13 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hello everyone please can someone help me with advice im on esa support group but comes to an end in march so i think i will be going on uc im so scared with everything i am reading about what is happening i dont know what to expect please can someone tell me what happens i suffer with bad deprestion  anxiety  panick attacks also stensinosis of spine problems with dics problems with spine at top of my kneck can barley move most days im on quite a lot of medication for my health problems and depression i was awarded pip but just had to have the meeting again with them  because it two years so on top of worrying myself sick over the esa in also feeling so ill with worry over pip aswel my partner looks after me so he doesnt work anymore i carnt work anymore im sorry if this is long winded but im feeling so low and scared right now x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Your ESA claim wouldn't just end in March. You'll continue to be paid your ESA until you're next re-assessed. The only time it will stop is if you're found fit for work after your next re-assessment.  Even if you're claiming Contributions based because you're in the Support Group it's paid for as long as you remain in the group.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Candyflosshead13
    Thank you poppy for your help i rearly appreciate it x
  • disabledkenny
    disabledkenny Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
    Hi if you do get any problems contact CAB or Welfare Rights they can take the stress off you & CAB can provide an advocate to help you & attend any meetings  or assessments, buts its a postcode lottery with CAB I used to get help at Oldham but unless I live in Salford I cant now, so I hope this helps, Kenny.
  • poppy123456
    It's very rare that anyone from CAB will represent anyone for any assessment. They rarely do this for Tribunals but assessments is almost none existent.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • disabledkenny
    Really they used to be so good, here in Oldham unless you have debts they will answer the phone you have to go into the CAB yet I am housebound? It is so wrong, this I think needs sorting out for every community, not just a postcode lottery 
  • poppy123456
    It's because they don't have the funding anymore. CAB advisers are voluntary and most of them are overrun by people needing help. It's most likely the same for all areas.
  • disabledkenny
    Hi popp123456 thanks but a distance of 10 miles I would have thought they would work the same.
  • poppy123456
    Not sure what you mean by a distance of 10 miles. CAB's in most areas have funding issues and they very rarely attend an assessment with a claimant.
  • Candyflosshead13
    Thank you for thw advice im confused with all the changes will i be put onto uc at the end of my time on esa evwn when i havw been re asesed that was what i was trying to find out thank you  x
  • poppy123456
    Your claim won't end in March. When the time comes for you to be re-assessed you'll be sent another work capability assessment form (ESA50). Unless you're found fit for work you'll stay on ESA until managed migration starts, which in sometime this year but much later than that for a lot of people.
  • disabledkenny
    Hi poppy123456 I got an advocate from Salford through Oldham CAB that is about 10 miles away, that was 2 years ago now they say I can't have one & Welfare rights say unless I can get into there office they will not help, which I can't as housebound it is ridiculous here in Oldham.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.