Severe Disability Premium Form Sent to me confused — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Severe Disability Premium Form Sent to me confused

gordie1
gordie1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi there. I received a form to fill in for extra amount for severe Disability Premium. I am a bit confused I never asked for one. I receive PIP personal care lower rate and the enhanced rate for mobility just got awarded it in the summer owing to severe anxiety when traveling. Looking at the form I don't think I qualify I live alone nobody gets carers allowance for me. I receive the Disability Premium for ESA I am feeling confused do I fill this in or not 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    There is nothing to lose by filling in the form and returning it
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Daily living award of PIP, living alone and no one claims carers allowance for looking after you are all reasons why you should qualify, although no one on an internet forum can tell you for certain. It's a very simple form, fill it in and return it. If you qualify you'll be back dated to the start of your PIP award, if you qualified at the time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.