Universal Credit: Where to find out about additonal money for my son — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal Credit: Where to find out about additonal money for my son

emmz
emmz Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
My son is on UC he got a letter stating he was not fit for work and was told he is entitled to a extra £328 a month but was told he had to wait 3 months for these payments which today is his 3 months but he checked his journal and it is only showing his normal payment of £251 is there any way to find out when he is getting his extra money for when he rings he just gets fob off

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @emmz

Welcome it’s great to meet you today ??

Do you have a local “CAB” office as they will offer you some “help & advice”

We have also got a helpline: 0808 800 3333.

Please please let me know if you need any extra help/advice.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The extra element you're talking about for LCWRA isn't paid for the first 3 months of a claim and this starts from when he first handed in the sick note. As UC is aid in arrears he'll receive the extra money from the 4th month of his claim.
    See link and scroll down to waiting period.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • emmz
    emmz Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks for your help this really help my son out

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.