I would like to connect with other parents/grandparents who are raising a child with special needs. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I would like to connect with other parents/grandparents who are raising a child with special needs.

Options
MrsTLJ
MrsTLJ Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello everyone 
I have a grandson Logan. He is 4yrs old. Logan has Cerebral palsy. He is wheelchair dependant. 
I would like to connect with other parents/grandparents who are raising a child with special needs. 
I could really do with some support if I'm honest. 
I love Logan very much but do feel very lost at times. Xx

Comments

• AnkyieSpon
    AnkyieSpon Community member Posts: 138 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @MrsTLJ you've come to the right place welcome to the community. If you scroll to the bottom of your Web page you'll see recent discussions and groups. When you create a new discussion you can chose where to post it but here is the link for you for a group for carers of disabled children. I hope you find this helpful as I always find it does speaking to others in the same situation as myself and just meeting new people. Happy new year. 
    https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/carers-of-disabled-children-and-adults
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior
  • KellyParentAdvisor
    KellyParentAdvisor Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @MrsTLJ

Do you have any local groups you can try for support? Does Logan go to a nursery or school yet? Your local Children's Centre (if you still have one) can also put you in touch with support groups etc. 

Kelly
  • MrsTLJ
    Options
    Hi Kelly 
    Logan did go to nursery when he lived here in Southend but he now lives in London and is currently waiting for the right school to be sorced for him to attend. 
    I'm trying to find some local groups. I've been looking and emailed one earlier, hopefully they'll get back to me. X
  • KellyParentAdvisor
    KellyParentAdvisor Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    Options
    Of course, there is the option of starting up a group yourself... Even if it's just a relaxed coffee morning in a local cafe or something, just somewhere you and others in a similar position can get together and chat. Have you checked out Facebook to see if there are any local groups you could go to?
  • MrsTLJ
    Options
    That's a good idea. No I haven't checked out Fb but I will do. Thank you
  • frickchick
    frickchick Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    I have a 4 year old disabled boy, it can feel so isolating at times. I’m happy to chat if or whenever you want.

Brightness