Disappointing PIP Report received - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disappointing PIP Report received

13»

Comments

• Stunninglady27
    Stunninglady27 Community member Posts: 36 Listener
    Does it go with the points you got on report can that be changed I’ve got my report as I asked for it and put them into self pip test and it come up with 17 for daily living and 12 mobility . No decision has been made though I am just wondering if I will get that 
  • justg72
    justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Hi Stunninglady27
    What you score on your self assessment for PIP will mean nothing, its what the HCP scores you when you have your assessment. The decision nearly always goes with what the HCP puts on the report. I have completed the self assessment and I scored enough for enhanced for both. My previous PIP assessments I did score enough for enhanced, my health has not improved and this time I scored 0 for both. I did an MR and my mobility was changed but the daily care wasn't so off to a tribunal I go as I do not agree with the decision they had made. I am now waiting for a date which can be a year or more, it depends on the area you live.
    Good luck and I hope you get the news you want.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Does it go with the points you got on report can that be changed I’ve got my report as I asked for it and put them into self pip test and it come up with 17 for daily living and 12 mobility . No decision has been made though I am just wondering if I will get that 
    Usually they go with the recommendations in the report yes, it's rare to go against it. You will of course have to wait for the decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Stunninglady27
    Fab thankyou I really did not expect to get these point tbh I just applied on the off chance although I’m ill thankyou for your reply 
  • Stunninglady27
    Jiustg73 I’ve got my report I put what the report says into self pip assessment and I had 17 daily living  and 12 mobility 
  • Stunninglady27
    justg72 said:
    Hi Stunninglady27
    What you score on your self assessment for PIP will mean nothing, its what the HCP scores you when you have your assessment. The decision nearly always goes with what the HCP puts on the report. I have completed the self assessment and I scored enough for enhanced for both. My previous PIP assessments I did score enough for enhanced, my health has not improved and this time I scored 0 for both. I did an MR and my mobility was changed but the daily care wasn't so off to a tribunal I go as I do not agree with the decision they had made. I am now waiting for a date which can be a year or more, it depends on the area you live.
    Good luck and I hope you get the news you want.

• Stunninglady27
    I got my report on Monday I only put it in to the self assessment as I scored 17 then 12 for mobility sorry to here you are having to appeal hope you get good need .... I’ve bern waiting since beginning of August shouldn’t be long now for my decision as I had pip home assessment 3 weeks agon
  • hayles123
    hayles123 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    Hi I have received my pip report and all my questions have been answered with an A does this mean I have scored 0
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    hayles123 said:
    Hi I have received my pip report and all my questions have been answered with an A does this mean I have scored 0
    Hi,

Yes, i'm afraid that's a recommendation that no points are scored which means no award recommended. They mostly go with the report, it's rare to go against it but you still need to wait for the decision.

Once the decision is made you have 1 month to request the Mandatory Reconsideration. You need to put the request in writing stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points and why. Adding 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity.

I'd advise you to contact a local advice centre near you for help and advice.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Motown
    Motown Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Hi ellied2004,
    I fully understand.  I went for an assessment and have had the higher rate of mobility taken away and I am 67!  I gave the healthcare professional additional medical evidence.  I was given 4 points.  I was shattered but I have asked for a Mandatory Reconsideration and have also written to my local MP.
    if you feel injustice go all out to get your award.  The office staff at the DWP are just pen pushers and have no experience regarding medical matters.  The assessments are a joke!
    Good luck.
  • Gerald
    Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Hi ellied2004 welcome to the club I got a copy of my assessment report and after reading it I was looking for the name of the person how had done it and was in shock that it was not ( Hans Christian Andersen ) as it was like a best seller fairy tale I know the next thing will be that assessors are never wrong ever in there life there like a all knowing oracle who can take one look at you know all there is to know about you and your day to day life.
  • madquasimodo
    madquasimodo Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    I do so wish there was some way to get errors put right and sanctions against the DWP, seeing this farce is heart breaking, on my partners first claim was done just after she got out of hospital, the HP was understanding and never gave a musculoskeletal exam, when we requested the report it clearly stated this, when we received the award the DM stated as she had a full musculoskeletal exam and was found fit, MR did not correct this, just plain lies. 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Many assessment reports are not fit for purpose.  All we can do is appeal.  71% of appeals succeed. I went from standard both components to enhanced both components after appeal.

Appealing is a hassle but usually worth it in the long run.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.