Unexpected ESA payment - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Unexpected ESA payment

2»

Comments

• MariLondon50
    MariLondon50 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    I had the same unexpected payment was in panic THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE EXPLANATION ?tried to contact dwp 40 minutes on hold glad I came here HAPPY NEW YEAR to all with peace and less worries 
  • TracyMD
    TracyMD Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    So glad i found this thread, i also got an unexplained esa payment today, i was really panicking as i wasn't sure why i had the payment. I knew it wasn't my Christmas bonus that i still haven't received yet, as that is only £10. But a one week early payment, going by the amount and that my nxt payment date is on the 9th this makes a lot of sense, thank you for this post, i can relax now. I'm a newbie here, hi everyone and a happy new year to you all ? x
  • lisajane67
    lisajane67 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thank u all i was panicking think that was last payment and being put on UC.im on pip and esa cant work due to illness im still wondering if i will be put on uc as havnt a clue im on esa and dont work or have to go anywhere so not sure i will be put on uc or not..any ideas? Happg new year all
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank u all i was panicking think that was last payment and being put on UC.im on pip and esa cant work due to illness im still wondering if i will be put on uc as havnt a clue im on esa and dont work or have to go anywhere so not sure i will be put on uc or not..any ideas? Happg new year all
    All those claiming Income related benefits will eventually migrate across to UC because this is replacing 6 of the means tested benefits. ESA, JSA, Income Support, Tax credits and housing benefit. Managed migration is due to start later this year for some people but for a lot of people it will be much later than this year.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wayney123
    wayney123 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I’m on ESA, I was due to be paid on the 26th but got paid on the 21st ... I rang the bank yesterday to check my account & I’d received a half payment from DWP. I’ve been worried sick thinking my money had been stopped/suspended. I’m so glad I checked online. I wish they would of pre-warned me beforehand that I’d be receiving half of It early. Messed me right up ?
  • Asadzee123
    Asadzee123 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hello everyone ? Just wanted to say I’ve had all these issues everyone else has had regarding payments being half the usual amount plus issues with the dates. Being a serious  mental health patient this completely thrown me off balance to the point that  I started having anxiety attacks. I been on the internet for the past 2 hours doing as much research as I can and I’ve found many people are having same problem including certain parts of Ireland ??. After seeing this I do believe everything will be back to normal by the 8th January or soon after so please don’t worry everyone. I wanted to say this because I read many comments of people being very concerned just as I have been and it was very emotionally mentally and physically very troubling for me. Please don’t worry it should be okay.

• creepinghour
    creepinghour Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi there I found this 
  • creepinghour
    creepinghour Community member Posts: 2 Listener
  • Lmale
    Lmale Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    bob2325bob2325 said:

Problem, I got paid today, Friday the 11th, I only got half payment which has all but £7 been taken for bills, I'm already on emergency credit.

I also didn't get winter fuel allowance, I swear this government sucks!!!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It was a computer glitch. Some people were paid half of their payment 1 week early, with the remainder of the payment being received on the date it should be.

For the winter fuel payment then if you don't receive it by 14th January then you'll need to ring them. It should automatically be paid, providing you qualify.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lmale
    Lmale Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi,

It was a computer glitch. Some people were paid half of their payment 1 week early, with the remainder of the payment being received on the date it should be.

For the winter fuel payment then if you don't receive it by 14th January then you'll need to ring them. It should automatically be paid, providing you qualify.

Sure hope so, it's been a really cold winter, I've spent a fortune on my electric fire and I still spend hours wrapped in a fake fur throw trying to stay warm.

This kind of uncertaincy isn't good for me, I'm a self harmer who's on the maximum dose of Mirtazipine for suicidal tendencies. Infact 10 of my cuts are infected right now and I don't intend to go to the doctor about them.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lmale, and a warm welcome to the community!

I'm glad to see you've had advice from Poppy, and I hope you're faring as well as possible today.

I'm so sorry to hear about how you were affected by the changed payments, it caused a lot of distress and upset for many of our other community members too. 

You are a member of our community and we appreciate you. Please do take care of yourself and seek help for your injuries. If you are having thoughts of suicide or self-harm currently, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org. You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself.

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.