Leaving Uni and now looking for a job — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Leaving Uni and now looking for a job

carlaeevee
carlaeevee Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi all,

I have decided after spending 4 months at uni I am going to leave because I am really struggling financial wise and its really impacting my mental health negatively. I have Autism also which makes it hard in social situations at univieristy I struggle to understand briefs that are set / projects that are set and I am terrible with time management. My uni was suppose to me helping me but the support has been lacking. I was suppose to have a care coordinator with the local mental health team where my uni is based but they lacked at communication and I have only just been allocated a care coordinator which is awful that its taken them this long.

So, I have decided under the circumstances that it will be best for me to leave uni however because of my autism and Borderline Personality Disorder etc I find it hard to find jobs, I find it hard to go to interviews because of extreme anxiety. I am really in need of money because I don't have any at all which was at problem at uni because I couldn't provide myself food or supplies for my course as my loan didn't even cover my huge rent. Im looking to apply for benefits or some come but again I get nervous about the interviews that come with these, does anyone have any advice it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Carla

Comments

Brightness