notice of appeal form for a tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

notice of appeal form for a tribunal

sarah50
sarah50 Community member Posts: 119 Pioneering
I am trying to fill in the notice of appeal form sscs1 section 7 question 4 asks if I will agree to less than 14 days notice of a hearing. I don't know if agreeing to this is a good idea will it mean my appeal is rushed or ill-considered. I'm worried that they will ring the day before or even on the day. I don't have any objection if it is a week or a few days. Does anyone have any advice from experience?

Comments

• sarah50
    Hi admin, this discussion posted twice, can you delete one please tech problems lol
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    It won't mean that your appeal is rushed they just want to know if they have a cancellation or space they can ask for your case to be heard at short notice 
    Most people now are waiting a year because of back logs
  • sarah50
    edited October 2018
    Thankyou @markboy I'm expecting a long wait just don't want to be waiting a year then they say can you come tomorrow for example or appear difficult by insisting on two weeks notice
  • sarah50
    Hi all, just an update on this. As I was waiting to be sent the paperwork and court date got a phone call out of the blue from DWP they looked again agreed with me and reinstated my PIP at the same level as previously for a further 3 years. All I can say is. I have been to hell and back with my health and this could have been resolved at MR.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news, well done.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.