How volunteering for Scope helped me on my journey to recovery - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How volunteering for Scope helped me on my journey to recovery

2»

Comments

• AnkyieSpon
    AnkyieSpon Community member Posts: 138 Pioneering
    I'm good at sarcasm @Ami2301. As for role so far do good..... there are so many different situations that scope deals with its difficult to sometimes know what to say, but I'll get the hang of it. 
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I still don't know the right things to say sometimes, learn something new everyday, you're doing a great job! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Ami2301,

Not been on here for a while as had family illness and head been all over the place, so finally catching up with Scope today and came across your great post.  Wonderful to hear how much being a Community Champion on Scope has changed your life for the better and that you are doing well with your recovery.  I am interested in reading your blog so will take a wee look at it, but so pleased to hear that things are on the up for you.  Also congratulations on your forthcoming wedding!  Lovely news!  I wish you and your partner every happiness for the future!  Ails x :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ails

Glad to have you back on the forum! Sorry to hear you've has a tough time lately, hope things are getting better for you!

Thank you so much, I finally got discharged at the end of November, was very emotional but glad to be home. Still taking a while to adjust but I will get there :)

I am really enjoying writing for my blog, I'm excited for the future of it too :)

Thanks for your well wishes, it's coming round so quick and my partner has been doing a better job at planning than me! ?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Ami2301,

Thanks for the lovely welcome.  It is good to be back on and reading everyone's posts.  Thanks for the kind words, yes, not been a great time over the past couple of months as my husband hasn't been well and then my dad, but they are both on the mend now so it's all good!  

Great to hear that you are finally home and doing well and I am sure with baby steps you will adjust to being back at home in no time at all.  Your blog is fab and I am sure it will do well.  Great to hear you are enjoying writing it.  You have inspired me to take another look at the one I had previously (it really wasn't very good) so I may try improve it and get it back out there.

Happy wedding planning!  I loved planning for mine!  Good that your partner is so into it as my husband had to be prodded to get involved - lol!

Anyway, nice chatting again.

Ails x :smile:

Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness