I, Daniel Blake — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I, Daniel Blake

cathie
cathie Community member Posts: 143 Courageous
Has any one watched I am Daniel  Blake  if not please do it broke my heart it's so real goverment  should  be forced  to watch it's real life.
Only me .. cathie..

Comments

• Rosie1650
    Rosie1650 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    It so sad, but happening all the time.  I watched another documentary and an older gent, whose wife had passed was sanctioned, all because he did not know how to work a computer and just didn’t understand his commitments for his journal, long story it made him very ill, mental health suffered, in debt, rent Arrears and then evicted, from the home he lived more than 35 years. Was heartbreaking, he final statement was, the world has gone barmy and I feel left behind, he said he was forgotten about in this digital world ??
  • ChelleM
    ChelleM Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
    So so sad but such a must watch! So sad to know that this is really happening to people on a daily basis! 
  • cathie
    Not sure I could sit through another one as sad as Daniel Blake I was full of many emotions inc .anger  rage  upset sad  sheer disbelief of staff getting away with the lack of care and humiliation of people so desperate in life they should be made to sign on and look for work .as they should .not be allowed to hold their position s 
    Only me .. cathie..
  • cathie
    If I'm honest if I didn't have Surport of housing Hyde; me and my daughter faced living on the street sanctioned for two years ect ect trying to put more than 15 thousand pound arrears I didn't owe unable to cope with anything I believe the cause of my stroke s was the constant circles they had me going in  pulling my hair out daily  its across the board d w p; health care; council:s ;no wonder people have died trying so bloody sad yet no change only getting worse pleased to say all sorted arrears i did not owe .were squashed and everything under control again I'm one of the lucky one s but will never get justice for taking d l a; for three years whilst being left two years before pip assessment still got servere  nerve damage and metal from knee to ankle but clearly feel robbed but hey ho I'll survive as will most of us god willing....
    Only me .. cathie..

Brightness