Enhanced disability premium — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Enhanced disability premium

fuzzy
fuzzy Community member Posts: 29 Connected
Hi All
Im so confused about enhanced disability premium im in a support group and i get contribution esa and income related esa i hope some can help me 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Enhanced disability premium is automatically paid to everyone that's in the Support Group claiming Income Related ESA or Contributions based with an income related top up, like yourself.

The EDP is £16.40 per week and the total amount of ESA you should be claim is £127.15 per week.

There's another disability premium called Severe disability premium (SDP) but there's criteria to be able to claim this. You need a PIP daily living award or DLA mid/high rate care, no one must be claiming carers allowance for looking after you and you must live alone or be classed as living alone to qualify. Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • fuzzy
    Thank you poppy this dose help i was back dated income related esa but i have not been awarded EPD ill get onto them thanks again
  • poppy123456
    Hi,

Are you saying the EDP wasn't added to your claim, when they backdated your money?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • fuzzy
    Hi yes i am saying they havent back dated EDP or added the payment to my claim
  • poppy123456
    If you transferred from Incapacity benefit to ESA and you've filled out the ESA1 form then it can take 12 weeks for DWP to make a decision. It's very difficult to advise when you don't give the full details.
  • fuzzy
    Hi
    I was transferred from incapacity in 2013 i have had the underpayment on the income related esa of 3800 im in the support group but not getting enhanced disability premium i also get pip enhanced for mobility and lower for personal care my sister gets carers allowance is this why im not getting edp
  • poppy123456
    EDP is different to SDP, as i explained in my very first reply please re-read that reply. EDP is automatically paid and if you received backdated money then this should now be added to you ESA. Your ESA weekly payment should be £127.15 per week, please check what you receive each fortnight to know the weekly amount.

You won't be eligible for SDP because someone claims carer allowance for looking after you. You also need to live alone or be classed as living alone. See my first reply.
  • fuzzy
    Thank you poppy for your help

• poppy123456
    No problem.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.