Waiting for PIP decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting for PIP decision

sahara01
sahara01 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
It has been many weeks now since I had my home assessment so I called dwp to find out if they had come close to making a decision 
The man I spoke te was quite rude and said they had a huge backlog couldn't tell me how long I'd have to wait (sigh)
So for those waiting for a decision it seems it could be any time 
Don't know why the assessor told me 6 weeks as this is clearly not the reality 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The HCP will have no idea of the decision times, as there's no time scales. Backlogs is just part of the reasons a decision can be delayed. It can be anythng from 2-8 weeks and sometimes even longer. With Christmas and new year closing days it will have added to the delay.

Ring and ask for a copy of the assessment report. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sahara01
    Requested report before Xmas received within a few days I have 12 points for each but report is full of rubbish
    It was the decision makers I called 

• sue76
    sue76 Community member Posts: 23 Listener
    I had my assessment on 16th November still not heard anything.
  • poppy123456
    sahara01 said:
    Requested report before Xmas received within a few days I have 12 points for each but report is full of rubbish
    It was the decision makers I called 

12 points for each means Enhanced for both parts and you won't get a higher award than this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    sue76 said:
    I had my assessment on 16th November still not heard anything.
    Hi,

There's no timescales for decisions. It could be that your assessment report was chosen for audit, when this happens it can delay the decision time quite a lot. Have you rang DWP for an update? has your assessment report been returned to them yet? If so then you can request a copy of this, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.
  • sue76
    I have not been in touch with DWP I am almost afraid to last time I had to go to tribunal which was so stressful at the moment I am still getting paid 
  • sue76
    I have spoken to DWP a decision has still not been made but they are going to send me medical report 
  • sahara01
    I know POppy 
    I just don't like lies 
  • poppy123456
    sahara01 said:
    I know POppy 
    I just don't like lies 
    I understand that but a recommendation of Enhanced in both parts is the best you'll have. They mostly go with the report. The best thing you can is make a complaint to the health assessment providers. DWP won't be interested in any lies told in the report.
  • cher77
    cher77 Community member Posts: 95 Courageous
    Hi all been reading posts who do i ring for my report as I'm waiting for a mandatory decision won tribunal last may so got put back on high for both then had to have another f2f in August last year and yet again only got awarded high mobility and standard daily  I'm not holding any hopes of pip awarding me high daily again so will probably have to do the tribunal thing again just can't believe I had to have another f2f assessment 3 months after winning tribunal in may last year the tribunal said i would get high for both until November 2020 x
  • sue76
    Ring number on top of letters and just ask for a copy of medical report 
  • sahara01
    Hi Poppy
    Think it's best to await the final decision first whenever that will be as have been informed they have a huge backlog 
  • Rosiepie
    Rosiepie Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Nearly 7 months and still waiting for final decision...sigh...the backlog in Berkshire must be phenomenal !!
  • poppy123456
    Unfortunately, backlogs is just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.
  • sahara01
    Finally got my pip since putting in my initial application last July 
    Enhanced for both and ongoing  
    Glad its over its been massively stressful 
  • Guardian9622
    Guardian9622 Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    My claim began June 2018, F2F Dec, Copy of report recommending enhanced for both components but STILL no conformation of award letter. . . (10 weeks today - Hampshire)   :'(

Brightness