What is your experience with continused pain after spinal fusion? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What is your experience with continused pain after spinal fusion?

dee65
dee65 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I've just joined and I've been reading people's experiences and found them so interesting. I'm 53 and had spinal fusion 16 years ago, which was a complete success. However for the last 3 years I've been suffering with my back and neck, discs again. I am unable to have surgery on my back as it's the disc above the one I had fused that's causing the problems. Shards of bone have grown and due to scar tissue they can't operate. This year I have been offered fusion on my neck but due to my mobility issues I have put 6 stone on and I've got to loose 4 stone before they'll operate!! I also have a lot of pain in my hands and wear splints. I take a lot of pain killers including progabalin, morphine, and fentanol patches, but still suffer with pain daily, spending alot of time in bed. I'm being referred to a pain management team in Oswestry and would be interested if other members have found this useful.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dee65

Good Evening and Welcome ? ? ?

It's great to meet you today ? ? ? 

I have had Neuropathic Pain since 2005.

Sorry but I haven't been to Oswestry but I used to work at a rehab unit here in Birmingham.

I seem to remember that Oswestry used to come up most of the time ⌚ ⌚⌚

@steve51
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    edited January 2019
    Hi @dee65

Welcome to the community, It's great to have you here, thank you for joining us.
    I am sorry to hear about the pain you are experiencing. I hope it all goes well in Oswestry. Let us know how it goes, if you can. Best wishes :)

Brightness