Change of entitlement — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Change of entitlement

Sebrow
Sebrow Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello

I was in the work group and contributions based. Whilst my claim was ongoing the Government changed the rule to only 12 months. At the time I didn’t think how this could be legal. I was moved onto contributions based. Some time later after a review with Atos they moved me to the group.

Shoukd they have reinstated me as contributions based? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Sorry but your question is a little confusing. You were claiming Contributions based ESA in the WRAG yes? Then the rules changed to only being paid this for 12 months if in the WRAG. When this happened did they change you to income related and were you still in the WRAG? or did your money stop? Which group were you moved to?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sebrow
    They changed me to income related I was still in wrag then year later I was asked into review and they upped me to enhanced can’t rember name I call it support group which is entitled to contributions based. I get a very small occupational pension of £80 a month this is what they are classing as income

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    You won't be able to go back onto Contributions based, unfortunately.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sebrow
    Thanks it doesn’t seem right paid my insurance worked really hard and they changed it when I was on ESA....have to say I shouldn’t have been in the work group in the first place!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.