UC basically stealing money from some — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC basically stealing money from some

Ralph
Ralph Community member Posts: 79 Pioneering
edited January 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
This is due to the 5 week delay in benefits. I am losing 1 month benefits and 2 weeks housing benefit, we have a two week HB transition allowance. Around £1000 total. The DWP say oh you’ll get this when you start work but if you’re permanently disabled with no hope of getting work you’ll have to wait until pension age 12 years away. Just a rant. 

Comments

• clarkjohnson
    clarkjohnson Community member Posts: 210 Pioneering
    Hello Ralph hope your ok that's not an helpful way to be treated is it 
  • michfinch
    michfinch Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Not a helpful way at all. This is the bit I can’t get, if the Dr issues me with a 4 weekly sick note, says I’m unfit for work, I have a Govt appt Psycologist who agrees (I have Epilepsy, memory loss and depression) who makes the decision to override the Professionals and give me a Work Coach who also agrees I am unfit for work ??
  • clarkjohnson
    Hello michfinch I said before what's the point of doctors looking after our well being and someone overturning there findings . X 
  • michfinch
    edited November 2022
    Yes, understood. mike [removed by moderator] esq what is your status in life? An antagonist?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,327 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2019
    Please be careful with your comments, this is a friendly forum and we all try to help each other. If you're not happy with a forum members comments you can report the comment by using the flag button, it will them be looked at by one of the scope team. Alternatively you can put people on your ignore list, this was you won't be able to see their comments.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • michfinch
    Thank you, I have been very upset with some of Brian Blessed’s comments. x
  • michfinch
    edited November 2022
    mike [removed by moderator] other name...
  • poppy123456
    It is often very difficult to read text speak and some comments can come across as very rude, when in fact nothing is meant by them. As one of the community champions here on scope i'd advise you to add those that upset you to your ignore list. I find this works very well.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • michfinch
    Thank you, as being upset worsens my epilepsy. I thought we were here to help each other....
  • poppy123456
    No problem. We are indeed but as i said sometimes it's very difficult to read text speak because some comments come across as rude, when they aren't. I personally don't have any problem with this person, i think the advice they give is fantastic and i've learnt a lot from the advice they give here.
  • michfinch
    Good. I’ve taken the advice on board. I can’t see that I have completed forms etc incorrectly from the “advice”. Perhaps the person can be a little less “bullish” with me.
  • michfinch
    You know a great deal about the welfare system.
    So, as an Epileptic, disabled person, overlooked, as the majority of Epileptics are, what should we do as a Disability together to make our case stronger? What do you know about Epilepsy?
  • michfinch
    My legal skills are in Trademark Law, fighting the big bullies in football (and winning), so very happy to absorb and learn more about Welfare Rights.
  • clarkjohnson
    Morning men women and monsters a little humour goes a long way so lighten up please and keep it simple like why does Brian blessed name show up under two different names 
  • michfinch
    So, who is your PFA contact? I may know them. I doubt they can help on this issue.
  • michfinch
    My Brother in Law, Deceased, was the Foremost Trademark Lawyer in the UK. 
  • Ralph
    The most important thing I found with epilepsy, as I’m epileptic myself is keep or get someone to keep a diary of all episodes. Medical evidence is of course important but I have diaries going back 20 years all filled in meticulously by my wife. 
    Sometimes they only get a cursory glance by interviewers but it is evidence. 

• michfinch
    Thank you. I’m doing the same. Let’s stick together. I have support from my local MP too. We may look able, but we’re not. Hope you have a seizure-free day :-) 
  • Ralph
  • michfinch
    I wonder how many more Epileptics are on this site? The “clever” gentleman mikehughesesq who knows nothing about Epilepsy seems to have gone quiet, so, as I say, let’s stick together.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.