House bound and ESA assessment apt — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

House bound and ESA assessment apt

charlie79
charlie79 Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering

I have just received today a letter with an appointment at the assessment centre at 9.15 am Sat 19/01/19. I sent them medical evidence stating I need a home visit with a Doctors letter and medical evidence of a rape in 2008 agrophobia ptsd and many other things.
I called them up and the Receptionist was quite rude. She said they had received my ESA50 form but not reviewed it and to call back to cancel the apt the Wed before the apt and see if someone had reviewed form. The problem is I get so nervous scared and unable to meet new people and am in between  a referral from my mental health nurse for support service Look Ahead. I need someone with me my 2 friends are only able to come and care for me evenings. Any help in support services I can get requires me to visit them before referral is complete. I am so stressed SLAM are not much help at all and i'm at my wits end. Any advice Im desperate and my mental health with anxiety and stress is also affecting my physical. I am Housebound just so upset. All my apts are home visits.

Comments

• cathie
    cathie Community member Posts: 143 Courageous
    I experienced this time and time again  they were not only rude but scared the he'll out of me with his shouting calling me all sorts calling got evidence that I'm lying  as soon as I said  I'm recording this phone call i intend to report you  everything changed never heard from h8m again .. call them back up state your recording call    make sure you get her saying they received your paper work   and you will now await a home visit as g.p requested   for reason.s that they should be aware of .don't be scared to tell her .her attitude upsets you ask her to  treat you as a mental health  patient cos clearly that's what I am ...  don't  allow her to take her day out on you .not fair  in the polite fashion.  Can't argue with that.take her name  
    Only me .. cathie..
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

When requesting a home visit ask for it as a reasonable adjustment under EA 2010. However, if you attend other appointments then this can go against you because they can say if you attend those you can attend the assessment centre.

I wouldn't wait until the Wednesday before to do this, i'd ring then today. Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • clarkjohnson
    clarkjohnson Community member Posts: 210 Pioneering
    edited January 2019
    I keep hearing experience s of people being spoken to rudely and treated badly who the hell do they think they are pompous **** . When they are making people unwell with there actions they should be made accountable 
  • poppy123456
    Please be careful of the language that you're using, this is an internet forum and we have to bare in mind other peoples feelings.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • clarkjohnson
    Oh sorry poppy does make you angry thou when you hear how people are being treated what do you think 
  • clarkjohnson
    Oh and by the way how are people supposed to think when there loved ones are being treated and spoken to rudely can you answer that please ??
  • poppy123456
    It does indeed. I must admit, every time i've rang DWP i've always spoken to really nice people. I really can't answer your question i'm afraid. The problem with ESA is people think that because their GP says they're not fit for work then they're automatically entitled to that benefit. That's not the case, ESA like PIP has it's criteria and if you don't fit it and those descriptors don't apply you'll be found fit for work.

I've been claiming ESA for almost 7 years and for me it's even worse and more worrying than PIP. I hate ESA re-assessment and go into panic mode when the form drops through my door. Thankfully i've only recently been re-assessed so i can put it to the back of my mind for a little while, at least.
  • clarkjohnson
    Fair play mate but what's the point of goin to the doctors then  . 
  • charlie79
    Popp y i cant leave my house my ex planned a viscous gang rape in which him and 4 friends raped me. I cant leave my home i wet my self under stress i suffer from severe PTSD where i'm being raped the night before. I have full PIP the problem is when your in primary care your support worker can be a witness ect and sit with you during home visits under secondary care they have to refer you for support services. I have no family. problem is all support services i can access dont do home visits. So if things do need appealing im stuck and the referral my mental health nurse is doing could take more than a month and my esa situation is now. Also I have problems meeting new people i still need to meet a support worker when i have to be slowly introduced. I had the support in November with my 2 friends available when my esa assessment should of been done
  • poppy123456
    Then you need to ask for a home visit as a reasonable adjustment under EA 2010 and put your request in writing, send it to the health assessment advisory.
  • charlie79
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @clarkjohnson, we realise it can be such a frustrating time for so many people, and emotions can run high, particularly when we have unsatisfactory experiences. However, as Poppy has advised, please be mindful of our community guidelines and do not use expletive language.

If there's anything we can help you with at the moment, do let us know.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so sorry to hear about your experiences, @charlie79. You've had some great advice from Poppy about getting a home assessment, and if you feel you need further support, do feel free to give our helpline team a call at 0808 800 3333 (free).
  • clarkjohnson
    Hello are people who are computer literate and sound of mind put into support groups like other people less fortunate? 
  • poppy123456
    Hello are people who are computer literate and sound of mind put into support groups like other people less fortunate? 
    Yes of course they are. What makes you ask that question? Being placed into the Support Group isn't just about not being able to use the computer.

I've been in the Support Group for 6 years for mobilising and being unable to self propel myself in a wheelchair.

• clarkjohnson
    Hello poppy I ask the question because a lot of people earn there liveing working from home on computer s do they not . What stops people placed in the the support group from doing the same ? 
  • poppy123456
    It totally depends on the claimants conditions and how they're affected.
  • clarkjohnson
    Ok thank you very much ?
  • clarkjohnson
    So with your condition and your knowledge of computer science your not concidered to be able to do some form of work That is connected to that talent . Is that correct ? 
  • poppy123456
    I beg your pardon? Are you questioning my health condition?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.