Horrible PIP report! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Horrible PIP report!

AmazingRhema
AmazingRhema Community member Posts: 14 Listener
I have just seen the pip report written by my assessor and Good Lord, to say I am furious is an understatement. 

She stated I dressed appropriately, albeit I actually got sick from lack of layers! My partner was more dressed than me! 

My partner saw I was tired, exhausted even! I had bags under my eyes, I had just been crying! Apparently I looked 'fine'

I was looking at my partner to talk 80% of the time, which he did. She stated I did all the talking. 

Yes I went to an all state school but I struggled so much with bullying, understanding and all. Same with Uni, I nearly dropped out multiple times due to bullying and lack of understanding. She said because I attended university I had good understanding...despite all the evidence I gave for my DSA and despite all that I admitted I STILL STRUGGLED

She added my fibromyalgia is temperamental. I am personally offended because fibromyalgia (whether low or high) is so crippling! Some days are such a struggle. I even added I am using my DLA to pay for ubers because I am so tired! She didn't add this in

1.Is there a way I can complain about all the discrepancies? Unfortunately, I have no access to my autism information to prove in primary school,secondary school, sixth form and uni, I struggled. What do I need to do to prove these things .

2. Is she allowed to not show you what was written at the assessment? 

3. I will add below what her points were, please further advise me. 

4. I am so stressed by this, has anybody been through this.

5. What does it mean when they say review in 2 years time? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

You need to wait for the decision but they mostly go with the report. Regardless of what's written has an award been recommended?

No, they don't have to show you what's being written at the assessment, mostly the report is written after the assessment. You have now seen what's written because you have a copy of the report.

If you're not happy once you have the decision you have 1 month to request the MR which you should put in writing. Point out the descriptors you think should apply and your reasons why. Giving 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity.

Any complaints should be made to the health assessment advisory and not to DWP.

Most MR decisions remain the same and only 18% of them are successful.

Review in 2 years doesn't mean an award has been recommended. They recommend this either way. If no award is recommended then they are saying that your condition isn't expected to change within this time.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • AmazingRhema
    Hey Poppy! thank you for the comment. I have not been advised of a reward as of yet, no. I called them and DWP said call the centre and complain, vice versa. 

I did not write the form, a woman from CAB did and even that one was a struggle to understand.

So, because the assessor has made mistakes, can they rethink their decision? 
  • poppy123456
    Have you added up the recommended points? somewhere in the report there will be either dots or ticks. Compare these against the PIP descriptors to see what was scored, if anything. The best thing to use is the PIP self test to do this.

They usually go with report, it's very rare for them to go against it.

Complaints are to be sent to the health assessment advisory.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • AmazingRhema
    I have only 2 points. I have found over 20 problems with the assessment. She even referred to me as his. And a lot of what my partner commented she said I said! 

• poppy123456
    As i advised they mostly go with the report. You can start to write the MR request letter but you'll need to wait for the decision to be able to send it.

I know the lies are horrible and very frustrating but you need to try to stay away from those when writing the MR. Have a copy of the PIP descriptors next to you when writing it and do as i advised in my comment above. Once the MR request letter is done you can complain to the health assessment advisory about the report.

Having some understanding of what the descriptors mean will help. Some people think they should qualify for points with a descriptor but that isn't always the case. This link may help, but it's long.

Only 18% of MR decisions are successful so you may have to take it to Tribunal. Waiting times for this are huge in most areas and some are waiting as long as 1 year. This doesn't include the waiting time for the MR decision which can take 8 weeks.

• millierex
    millierex Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    I’m not sure how much I can help but when I did my pip my report was a disgrace too. The assessor wrote that she couldn’t tell if I had a “sensory processing disorder or visual impairment.” I’m autistic and that’s why I was going for pip and had all the diagnosis information etc. 
    They stated my memory was “adequate”, the woman asked me 3 words to remember before and then asked me to repeat them after. I have a very bad memory and is a massive problem for me. I remember 1 word out of the 3 and that was only because it was the word “dog” and dogs are my special interest and I am obsessed with them. There was lots other things too that were just lies.

i believe the only real way of proving it is getting in a time machine and secretly recording it. I believe you can record the assessments properly but it’s complicated and on their terms, and they are not going to make such ridiculously obvious mistakes,m.

im sorry I can’t help further 
  • AmazingRhema
    @poppy123456
    Thank you for the comments. I am so skeptical about losing my DLA, I cannot work right now because my body is not in a good condition too as well as mental. I am panicking so much right now! I will try and go to CAB on Monday. I don't want to fight to be honest with you. I have found screenshots to prove that I am struggling and my teachers can verify I did struggle in school.

@millierex what was the final outcome. What happened in the end. 
  • tomadam0151
    tomadam0151 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi AmazingRhema, I had to go to a tribunal after woman at assessment told a load of lies, (must be needed to do job) she said you carnt have depression and anxiety, only people in Ashworth Hospital suffer with that. She also said I refused lower leg examination, she said "I wont do lower leg  exam as you haven't passed", which she shouldn't of said, I got up and was about to leave and she started panicking, "what are you doing"    "why stay when I ain't passed". Ended up finishing assessment. Go to a tribunal and you will see professional people who will listen to you and judge you on your evidence. These people at your tribunal should be doing your assessment. Good luck
  • poppy123456
    PIP isn't about not being able to work, people claim PIP and work. Sometimes going to uni can go against you for some of the descriptors.

Did you have a read of the link i posted above? It will give you some understanding of what the descriptors mean.
  • dmidwinter148
    dmidwinter148 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    i know the feeling mine was full of lies and they did not write down 3 of my conditions! POS , FIBO AND DEPRESSION. I was so mad reading it i had a panic attack and now under the mental health team for suicide attempt. I still am fuming 3 months on. report a change and they kick you while your down  
  • millierex
    millierex Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    My final outcome was that they gave me standard rate daily living. Good luck with urs 
  • AmazingRhema
    @tomadam0151 I have a terrible phobia of going to court. But I am curious to ask what happened in the end? How did it go? All of these questions? 

@millierex . Thank you for that. Did you do mandate reconsideration or tribunal? How did you appeal the whole thing ? 

@poppy123456 I am looking and comparing it now and am seeing where I should get points. Since the report came, I have been having horrible anxiety, not sleeping, migraines at its worst. I don't know how to show them this! 

And what's worse, my GP are saying I look fine! I'm so tired my head is spinning, I scratched my car due to the stress of everything. Applying for a job is tiring, Everything is tiring I'm so sad. 
  • poppy123456
    You need to forget about the work side of it because PIP isn't about that. They will only take into consideration how you were at the time of the decision. It's impossible to advise what to write for each descriptor because no one here knows how your conditions affect you.

You never answered my question, have you had a look at the link i posted?
  • AmazingRhema
    @poppy123456
     I'm sorry about not replying, I did try to read through it but in documents like that, I do struggle to read through them because it is a lot of information. I will ask my partner or somebody to read through it for me. I genuinely did try but got confused.
  • AmazingRhema
    edited January 2019
    @dmidwinter148
     how did you deal with it? I'm trying to compile evidence (screenshots, messages,etc.) 
  • poppy123456
    As you attended university then this could go against you for some of descriptors but this will depend on which ones you think apply to you.
  • AmazingRhema
    @poppy123456
    This is what frustrates me, I explained due to me always being ill as well as my mental health. I always had to re-do the subjects. As well as this, I had to frequently do private tutoring. MY lecturers are willing to testify i was stressed in university. I even had to get DSA for support. I asked should I submit the report which had aids and assistive technology for me? She said no no 
  • AmazingRhema
    @poppy123456
     I even had DSA and had assistive technology 
  • poppy123456
    I really do think you should get face to face advice here and get some help and support with the MR and Tribunal, if it gets that far and most do. This link will help you see what available for help in your area. https://advicelocal.uk/

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.