Are you ever just "sick"? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Are you ever just "sick"?

cracker
cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
I woke up very late today with nausea and a headache, overall malaise. Not ;illness-specific, just sick. I did a lot yesterday and exhausted myself - I think that's why I was sick today.

I wonder if anyone else has this happen. It's like waking up with a mild flu.

Comments

• ricky1040
    ricky1040 Community member Posts: 121 Pioneering
    Kinda impossible to answer this question. U could have a bug or an underlying conditon. See ur gp and am sure they will guide u
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2019
    Hello @cracker Often this can be a result of medication.

Lots of meds have this side effects.

One bit advice also have after a strenuous day . Always think of something to eat that gives some energy.

Remember anything physical or even just talking can take it toil on the mind and body if not used to it.

Peanut Butter sandwich or on toast.  Whole meal bread please has the added benefits to aid restful sleep.

I had last night felt tired so had Cornflakes and whole milk an energy boost to help weariness .  Does help as does any thing like cereal biscuits or Porridge in the morning with Milk and water with fruit.

Slowly  releases the energy.  Do mine various ways with Frozen berries defrosted with Yoghurt and Cinnamon.  Anything from the stores like dried fruit. Like Prunes or Dried Apples . Watch the sugar content in these but do give good energy.   Walnuts and Almonds help and do there bit here as well.  No sugar but useful energy

Also one final point have to hand standbys like fruit bowl. Apples and Pears. Malt loaf with butter lightly spread on. Things like crackers and crispbreads all have energy boosting ways to maintain energy level. Spread with knob of butter. 

Do not cost much and have them if I feel a headache or tired.

Another one is have water by your bed to say rehydrated.  People forget sometimes nausea or headaches either hunger or feel dehydrated

If not related to medication..

Something to consider.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • cracker
    What good advice, thank you, @spiceman.

I didn't have any breakfast and only ate a bit the night before. I will take ;your advice. When I a m under stress, I tend not to eat.

Blessings to you.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes I get that when I'm over tired, not eating well, or starting to get a migraine. You should get it checked out. Good luck x
  • cracker
    It did turn out to be a migraine, probably because I had not eaten well and was stressed.
  • thespiceman
    Hello @cracker Thank you for kind word as ever.  I think all of us get concerns over health.

Understand just get as @debbiedo49 says if you get this checked out. If you feel you need to.

Keep having migraines. 

Dealing with stress related conditions can be dealt with by consulting your GP.  None of us are perfect.

I added food solutions because that does help with stress and also any mental health issues . You may have.

When we are anxious and  stressed forget to eat begin to have symptoms of sickness. Thoughts plague your mind. Cloud your judgement.

Swirl around in your mind transfer to fear or flight reactions.  This stems from Ancient times when we were  living in caves. To give ourselves awareness of danger.

Get symptoms  thudding heart, headaches, migraines, sweaty clammy feelings.  Flu like nausea and this the bodies reaction to coping.

In some people who are susceptible to stress and anxiety .  Like myself reach for a drink. thinking calm me.  Why ended up alcoholic. Others use tea or coffee to help . Again the caffeine stimulates more agitation.

By the way this is educating yourself  in the sense you learn this from being part of mental health charities.

Coping methods, strategies.

Understand stress is good for the body in small doses . Helps to us to adjust to modern living.

Although please consult your GP if the symptoms become in your own judgement.  Become a burden to you making life miserable.

Feel cannot cope, close to tears, cannot find life enjoyable, little things irate and annoy cannot face people  and anything else. Nothing wrong in consultations. Speaking I do to my GP.

Please take care and just remember small steps.

One final point. We are here as a community to be supportive and ready to listen

I am always here talk to me if you wish to. Does help.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • cracker
    @thespiceman, thank you so very much for writing at such length for me. 

A great part of my stress is what the government is doing. I exist on the minimum income, and they (he) wants to cut benefits for the disabled, poor and elderly, give them boxes of canned food instead of money to buy their own groceries. Don't know what I will do if he dose this.
    d
    Everyone here is tensed up over this. That, and the severe cold (I can't go outside at all), health problems - all add up to a lot of stress.

I listen to you and thank you again. Hoping you are doing well.
  • thespiceman
    edited January 2019
    Hello @cracker Thanks for reply .Reading this right now on the web pages. Feel for all Americans.

He wants his wall. I do understand what he wants as do watching a lot of these programmes on American borders. Especially one last night.

There again do not understand at what cost effecting the community and general Government working.

Also in this country have severe immigration policies that are not working. Drastic action many coming on to the Channel in dinghy or other craft.

See UK the place to be. Since and have being doing a few times courses where the people have met claimed asylum. Now learning the course and trying to get qualifications.

Talking to them it is the golden ticket the UK and may I add so is USA.

The dream.   I am aware of the situation where upon arriving and claiming asylum it is about benefits and financial gain.

In reality they who arrive are shocked and stunned from talking to those who make this choice.  To claim asylum have problems.  Usually racial, poverty, not being accepted by the community.

Harassment and intimidation plus threats form a basis for many who I did speak to who wished to go home.  Back whom where they came from.

One guy so peeved with the benefit system I recall has family in USA so applying there to go and live.

I am patient and tolerant gent. Do listen to every one and it seems if your are persecuted in your country that is I would imagine the call to leave. Claim asylum but why UK why not the next country fleeing from or other countries in the continent.

I mentioned this to one guy as he is having problems adjusting to British life. Been here a short time since having asylum.  He attitude and demeanour towards me all wrong, felt and did add I am very pleasant to you.

I am a Christian and have feelings and emotions around for those who have genuine claims . Have heard many times about the horrific stories they share.

Why angry at myself I am here to listen, be educated and help maybe solve your problems.  Why travel thousands of miles for what when in reality the next stage of your residency. Claiming asylum could be in the same Continent.  Why Britain.?

At the same time see many like your self and others who are struggling and do not understand why the politicians are not taking action.

What does need to change is the steps they need to take from a President if you can call him one.  To be removed and impeached if that the final steps to be taken.

My concern is the situation is becoming severe..  Feel for you and the community. Those that are suffering.

Sorry for long post but do feel we after all connected. Offering friendship across the pond.

Always here to listen be supportive.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • cracker
    You are right, dear @spiceman. The situation is indeed severe - 
    I mentioned his latest cruel act. He is threatening to stop food stamp payment s , only to the elderly, poor and disabled. A good fourth of my income, and I a, hard put to live as it is.

How he in al conscience he can do this is way beyond me. You are right, he should bre removed from office by any means possible.

Our once-allies are alienated, the people here are going without necessities. Yet he goes on, and I blame Congress for not acting.

But Trump holds an Ace card..  It he declares a national emergency, he can anything he wants, include taking money from our military, , health care.

His need  to be the   center of attention is so great that he will do practically anything to stay there. Even negative acts put him in the spotlight.

It's gotten to the point where I am reminded of interment camps, and indeed there are some here for the immigrants, adults and children alike.

There is enough money for February, not for March..

our yourself are negotiating a complicated health care system. I think is almost a full-time stressful job just to get what we need.

I, too, am by nature a quiet, morally and ethically person.

It has gotten so bad that the carers are stealing money and jewelry from the disabled and elderly clients. Many are being caught and sent to jail.
    Leaves one wondering just who one can trust.

All best to you. I will try to find some ;positive things to say next time.

Be well and good night.

if
  • thespiceman
    Hello @cracker Thanks for reply. Does not sound good the whole thing does it.

Being held to ransom by a Leader of a country. Having the title The President there is no need for this at all.  Where is the justification.

Not right and to hear and read the stories.

Feel for every one. Congress should be dealing with this and all around the world. Regarded as many the land of the free.

Now lampooned and treated by the world as shameful.

To hear of your plight and of others. Especially reading the bad weather has arrived.

In this country we have BREXIT and it is bringing the country to its knees.  Tired of it. Add to that Labour the opposition making a challenge for Government.

Not a fan of The leader Jeremy Corbyn but there again Labour probably sort everything out.  Changes get rid of  PIP which is  doing more harm than good.  So much was promised by this Government .

To our community.  So many being treated appalling, heartbreaks. Depressing stories all the time.

All I can say we need to support each other where ever we live.

Pleasure to talk to you.

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • cracker
    Hello. @spiceman,

I had no idea the UK was in that kind of trouble. I hope you are able to cope with it all.

You're right: this is not a president, this is a mentally ill buffoon, with no conscience or feeling for other people.  There is chance he will be impeached, I want that very much.

Yes, Congress should act, but they don't how the Constitutional power the president has. And sadly, Trump has a camp of followers who think he's the greatness  President that ever was. Like Hitler's followers, who believed he was right. These people are devoted to him. How they can be, I don't understand.

Sending you the best.

Brightness