pip waiting times for tribunal - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip waiting times for tribunal

Comments

• alisha22
    alisha22 Community member Posts: 320 Pioneering
    I'm currently still under the mental health team and my cpn comes to my home from time to time. Not sure what dwp need. All I was told that when u reassessed for mental health and are in the support group you will only get a questionnaire to fill.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    When it's time for you to be re-assessed you'll be sent the work capability assessment form, known as the ESA50. The evidence you need will be something that proves how your conditions affect you. Knowing the reasons why you were previously placed into the Support Group will help, then you'll be able to concentrate on this when filling out the form.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • noluckatall
    noluckatall Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    Well today's the day I received my tribunal date in post date is for February....relieved is an understatement will keep youse posted 
  • alisha22
    I'm glad you got your date, just prepare yourself and fight your corner. I wouldn't be surprised if in meantime dwp ring you thou. Keep us posted please.
  • alisha22
    Thanks poppt123456 for your kind advice regarding the reassessment for esa support group I'm in. I requested the from dwp the form that they based decision on and when I read it they gave me 15 points for the mental health. 0 points for everything else whereby with pip I was ready for tribunal but dwp rang up with an offer. They decided that I could only walk so far etc etc. What I doubt understand is how does that work then. Dwp on one hand giving me 0points for other health problems yet decided to award me than just gave me esa support group for the mental health. I'm so confused.
  • noluckatall
    alisha22 said:
    I'm glad you got your date, just prepare yourself and fight your corner. I wouldn't be surprised if in meantime dwp ring you thou. Keep us posted please.
    I will do I've never heard of dwp ringing to make an offer but if they do I will be happy  but will be telling them I'll see u in court waited 2 long for me to give into them 
  • alisha22
    Good for you, I only wish I was patient enough to go all the way, but was so drained I just accepted.
  • noluckatall
    alisha22 said:
    Good for you, I only wish I was patient enough to go all the way, but was so drained I just accepted.
    I'm the same mentally and physically drained I've never heard of dwp ringing to make an offer tho
  • Gerald
    Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Well today's the day I received my tribunal date in post date is for February....relieved is an understatement will keep youse posted 
    Good one as for me still getting the run a round as to a date for my tribunal date from FEB 2018 now its Jan 2019 and the last thing I got was ring back in june to july thanks DWP and PIP Assessment team from ATOS for your lies one thing keepping me going is what goes around comes around one day you will find this out have fun on that day.
  • alisha22
    Dwp do ring, they asked my details etc and then said we are offering you both standard rate for mobility and living. She also went on to inform me if was not obliged to accept however if I proceed with the tribunal and it did not go my way I could loose the standard rate I was offered, so could I afford risking that. It was a lengthy telephone call and I did accept out of fear really. I was new to this but having spoken to few people they said dwp would do anything to prevent you from going to the tribunal and making them look like idiots. All of a sudden out of thin air I got points and now can be awarded something. I swear the system stinks.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    alisha22 said:
    She also went on to inform me if was not obliged to accept however if I proceed with the tribunal and it did not go my way I could loose the standard rate I was offered, so could I afford risking that. It was a lengthy telephone call and I did accept out of fear really.
    DWP 1 Claimant 0
    What a cheek - if only the DWP were open and honest they might get a little more respect.
    All they managed to do was to put enough fear in you that you would agree to it.
    Any offer such as that should always be taken up. They might suggest that you have to forego your appeal to accept it. Wrong. There is absolutely no reason when after getting the decision notice you continue with your appeal. 
    When you get to the Tribunal they will inform you if they think the offer you have accepted is in danger of being lost. At that time you are well within your rights to pull out of the appeal and lose nothing. 
  • alisha22
    You see in was not aware of any of this. I had no support really so I just accepted thinking it was better than nothing. I since got some advice and judging by what I told them about how my condition affects me, I was advised if I had gone thru tribunal I would without a doubt got both the enhanced rates. My review is in November 2019 so will challenge it then if I can that is.
  • alisha22
    Hi all, just gotmy esa questionnaireform for my review, it's been 18months since I've been on esa in the support group. I  was put in the support group  because of my mental health. Nothing has reallychanged still on endless medication. Will my cpn help me fill in the form and if need be come with me to the f2f assessment. Will cpns write a support letter on my your behalf. My medication either leaves me groggy, in morning and knocks me out at night time and antidepressants just leave me in a confused state at times. Not sure what information to send with form or can I say nothing has changed.

• poppy123456
    Hi,

Don't just say nothing has changed because this won't help your claim. As with a PIP claim you need to put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Remember you're being assessed for the work you can do. The more information you put the better.

Yes, you can ask your CPN for a letter of support if they will do that. Send any other evidence you have with the form.

You must return the form no later than the date stated on the letter, failure to return it could see you being found fit for work.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • alisha22
    Thanks poppy, will  my cpn accompany me to the assessment do you think. I've got few letters and my doctor from the mental health team did the prescription for me and the diagnosis, so would that do. Dwp already have the previous evidence as it's hard nowadays to get letters from doctors etc. I've got appointment letters etc.
  • poppy123456
    No problem. I have no idea if your CPN will attend the assessment with you, you'll need to ask them that yourself.

The prescription print out and diagnosis is ok but this doesn't tell them anything about how your conditions affect you. Don't rely on them using any previous evidence you sent because it may not happen. You should always make sure you send any relevant evidence to support your claim for each review you have.

Future appointment letters aren't classed as evidence because again this doesn't tell them anything about how your conditions affect you.

As you were placed into the Support Group because of your mental health then reg 35 most likely applies to you. See link.

• noluckatall
    Hi all I have my tribunal next month any advice would be appreciated
  • poppy123456
    Hi all I have my tribunal next month any advice would be appreciated
    Hi,

Good luck.

• Lindaann
    Lindaann Community member Posts: 41 Connected
    Send in as much information as you can ... any letters off people that know you and how your illness affects your day to day life ie friends parent siblings .no makeup on the day xxx
  • poppy123456
    If you always wear makeup then why wouldn't you wear it on the day of your hearing? I'm sorry but that's the worst advice you can give. You should always dress how you always dress and not pretend to be something you're not. Don't dress down, is my advice and just be yourself.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.