Taken 18 months from starting esa claim to winning at tribunal!! - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Taken 18 months from starting esa claim to winning at tribunal!!

2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    The conditions you must meet to claim New style ESA are in this link. As you haven't worked since June 2017 you may or may not qualify. The years that count for this are 2016/17 and 2017/18.  If you're not sure you've worked enough then you'll need to ring the number in the link and they'll advise you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • 1974jan
    1974jan Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Hi Poppy,

checked against the the criteria and put details into the link - nil money I can claim. 
    On another note, if you could kindly assist, the judges letter from the tribunal stated his recommendation is the department does not contact me for a minimum of 12 months.
    Yesterday I received a letter from dwp saying I needed to go to a work capability meeting and meet with a lady on 29th of January.... Surley this cant be right?

many thanks,
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Please read the letter again. As you're in the WRAG then it's most likely an appointment with your work coach at your local job centre.

Have you recently filled in another work capability assessment form? If it was a face to face assessment then you would have had a form. Also take note of what the letter heading is, if it was a work capability assessment then it would be from the health assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.