Suicidal thoughts — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Suicidal thoughts

1sirdon
1sirdon Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I am a suicide risk. I've tried lots of times and I get fed up with not being taken seriously. Not only do the experts tell me but my sister as well that if I want to die just do it .I am fed up with being called  an attention seeker I'm not 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @1sirdon
    I am so sorry we missed your post, I have just come across it now, how are you doing?

If you are having suicidal thoughts then make contact with your GP who can offer on-going support and refer you to health services.

You can also contact @Samaritans who offer emotional support. They can listen to you and help you talk through your concerns worries and troubles. You can also call Samaritans at any time, for free on 116 123. If you don’t feel like talking you can also email them jo@samaritans.org

If you feel you are at immediate risk of harming yourself you can call 999 or go to your local Accident and emergency department for treatment. Please take care, and I hope you get the help you need.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • 1sirdon
    1sirdon Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited January 2019
    Between December 1st and January 15th I attempted suicide 14 times . Nobody is listening I asked for help but the crisis team said no. [edited by moderator] Perhaps they're listen when I'm dead. I'm fed up with asking for help.maybe I'll be successful next time 
  • Deb_Alumni
    Deb_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 180 Pioneering
    Hello, @1sirdon

You are a member of our community and we appreciate you. I am sorry to hear you are going through such a tough time.

If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself: http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/suicidal-feelings/how-can-i-help-myself/

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

Debbie
    Online Community Manager
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @1sirdon
    I am so sorry you are feeling like this, we are listening and we care. Please keep speaking out. If you are considering hurting yourself right now, please call 999 and get immediate help, I know you feel that there is no help for you, but you have to keep trying.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @1sirdon Sorry what you going through.

As a community we do care and have concern.

My thoughts are how can we help you to get well and help you to think positive.  Be supportive.

Understand that one time had thoughts of self harm and had all the emotions and feeling around it.

Mainly due to my addiction history.

I needed to find out why having these thoughts and feelings why I wished to self harm myself. Was reaching, seeking some one to speak to.

Had critical point wanted to seek and find how is the best to get over these emotions, feelings everything around it. This negativity and paranoia of wanting to harm myself.

Understand and find what do you thinks causes you to have these suicidal thoughts. What sort of help do you think you need to stop these thoughts.?

I hope you do not mind asking?

I know with myself it was the path to get off the alcohol.  Finding the way forward with therapy, Doctors support and mental health charities..

Also had the initial start of realising it was the addiction causing my emotions and thoughts.  

I know and do know since being clean have much positivity and feel the way forward is to find the triggers.

They are the triggers that cause you mental anxiety depression and periods of your emotions to wish you self harm.

Finding them is the answer. Know my therapy and lots of talking being understanding. All helps myself being aware the reasons why.

I hope that helps. 

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness