Looking for home based jobs — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking for home based jobs

Sammie21
Sammie21 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2019 in Work and employment
I’m currrntly struggling with anxiety which is preventing me from leaving my home. I’m currently looking for jobs working from home. Any advise? 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Sammie21   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.  I am one of the team of community champions . Who advise and help new members.  Who join.

Have you spoken to your Doctors about your anxiety. Often the way forward to discuss options and any further support.

Consider looking at how and what support is available.

I have mental health issues myself mainly anxiety and depression.

As for employment opportunities have a look on line.  All depends what you wish to do.

There will be members of our community or a member of our team could advise further.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @Sammie1

Thank you for sharing this with us. You can contact our Scope helpline staff, who  may be able to offer you support.  You can speak to them on 0808 800 3333, they are open Monday - Friday,  9am-5pm. @Zaid_Scope our Employment Advisor may be able to advise you too. Please have a look at our mental health forum for additional support and information.
  • Sammie21
    Sammie21 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks for the replies. I am currently meeting with my GP regularly and we are exploring treatment options. Unfortunately they have not been much help so far. In fact it was my GP’s suggestion to start looking for home based employment. 
    I am currently employed but have been signed off as I cannot get to the office. I was working from home for a while, however my employer was not happy for this to continue. 
    I have experience in administration and have worked in the NHS for 7 years - this year. 
    Work will give me a purpose and help with my treatment however I am struggling to find lagitate home based work. 
    I am looking for administrative or customer service work. Although I am very open minded. 

Brightness