Holidays that are mobility scooter accessible — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Holidays that are mobility scooter accessible

Options
Trudylynne
Trudylynne Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited January 2019 in Coffee lounge
I want to take myself away somewhere for a week. The problem I am having is although there are plenty of companies advertising great places to go, it is really difficult to find out if places are mobility scooter friendly. For example. is there room to keep my scooter, is it a hilly area (mobility scooters don't like hills). The companies I have contacted have basically said I need to research the area myself and contact the hotel and ask them. Does anyone know a company that advertises mobility friendly holidays and hotels. 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Trudylynne, interesting topic! 

Simply Emma is a great blog about accessible travel and holidays, and Disabled Access Holidays may be able to help as well. Hopefully our community members will be able to share some suggestions too!
  • dkb123
    dkb123 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 166 Pioneering
    Options
    you have to be practical about this and choose a place where the streets are smooth ,no cobblestone or rough tracks , and be careful about the room you book most hotels will upgrade you to a double room at no extra cost because most single rooms are not big enough for the scooter, there best way to research this is to find out were they hire scooters for the week or day and operate a pick up and drop off service , they are the ones that will give you the low down on this ,Blackpool has two dealers so are very good at giving out information 

Brightness