Arthritis — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Arthritis

peach
peach Community member Posts: 8 Listener
anyone have any tips for pain arthritis 

Comments

• maggieomx
    maggieomx Community member Posts: 131 Courageous
    Just been diagnosed with osteo arthritis and boy it hurts ???
  • peach
    It is worse this weather as well  heat pads pain killers and movelat is what I use but it's getting worse 
  • Tra7cy
    Tra7cy Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    Stay warm, get under a duvet, gloves, socks, scarf if necessary. Pain killers obvs, get a referral to a rheumatologist, they have specific drugs for RA that a GP can't prescribe. When you're on your own scream and rant, you'd be surprised how much it helps. Unfortunately the pain never completely goes away, but you kinda get use to it. New pain is a **** tho lol. Keep you're sense of humour and know your not alone! This site is fantastic, wish you well xxx
  • peach
    Thanks for taking the time to reply TrAcey 
  • AnkyieSpon
    AnkyieSpon Community member Posts: 138 Pioneering
    I use a cream called flexiseq, I have early stages of Osteoarthritis in hips. My mum has had a knee replacement and has severe arthritis in other knee and it helps. It's not a painkiller but lubricates joints. Worth a try at least once. Also I use compression gloves and socks which help. Gentle exercises warm you up aswell as keep you mobile. Heat pads. What works for some doesn't work for others it's all trial and error. Good luck. 
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior
  • clarkjohnson
    clarkjohnson Community member Posts: 210 Pioneering
    Heats the thing and a good rub 
  • peach
    A nkie is it on prescription and Clark Johnson thanks. Heat I find helpful is right 
  • Paddock59
    Paddock59 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    My gp has put me on butec patches over the last 18 months the strength has been upped from 10 to 35 micrograms per hour. It started in my knee 6 yrs ago then into my hips shoulders ankles and now spine. Had one knee and hip replaced and yes this time of year is not the best and it is painfully. Had to fight hard to get the dwp to understand how it effects my day to day living.
  • peach
    Are butec morphine based 

Brightness