Blue badge wasn't reissued — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Blue badge wasn't reissued

LOUi63
LOUi63 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2019 in Transport and travel
Hi I used to have a blue badge, but they wouldn't reissue after the 3 years. But everything was so much easier,  now I have more health problems. And having the badge would help a lot in my job in the community.  I have diabetes type 1 on pump. Had lung cancer removed left lung asmastic, under active thyroid just had my 2nd heart attack. And 2nd stent fitted. depression. Walking can make me breathless and when carrying stuff even a handbag pulls on my chest. So would appreciate any help. Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If you don't automatically qualify then it will depend on your local councils criteria and they are all different. You'll need evidence to support your claim and you'll be asked to attend an assessment. I do believe that they have got stricter over the years if you don't automatically qualify. You can also appeal any decision that's made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • LOUi63
    LOUi63 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you poppy123456. I will try again.

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @LOUi63, and a warm welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear about your blue badge, and glad you've had some assistance with this already, and wishing you all the best with your appeal or new application. Please do let us know if we can be of any further support.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    It’s it’s not right you have health problems that warrant a blue badge, A person I know had three acessments and refused each time as she didn’t meet the criteria. After a friend whose a health professional wrote on her next application a badge was issued wit out further acessment. It seems to be who you know.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    They have made it a lot more difficult to qualify for the BB unless you automatically qualify. Each local council has their own criteria outside of automatically qualifying.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness