Mental health coping — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mental health coping

Options
Lynaskelly
Lynaskelly Community member Posts: 6 Connected
I have been suffering depression and panic disorder since 1993 I feel the older I get it makes me more aware of how much I've missed out on in life and then I'm back in the vicious circle feeling emotional and trying to cope again my best friend was always there to give me support and understood exactly what I was going through as she suffered a similar condition unfortunately things took a horrific turn when my best friend committed suicide last year I just feel I'm in a living hell my illness has taken a whole new level and I don't think I cud go through anymore bad news or shock I have no strength to cope

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Lynaskelly, thank you for sharing this with us.

I'm so sorry to hear about your experiences and that you're struggling to cope. I'm truly sorry for your loss, too. Many of our community members also have mental health issues and I'm sure they'll be able to relate to this and empathise: you're not alone, and you're among friends here.

Do you have people around you who you can talk to, and is your GP aware of your situation? Do let us know and we'll do our best to advise. 
  • Lynaskelly
    Options
    My parents and siblings all live close by I havnt left my home in so long as my attacks have me hiding under my quilt most days my Dr is more than aware of my condition but with the way things are were I live I finished a 6 week home counselling I had to wait months and months to get they said I most definitely need more intensive therapy but it's another long wait we're I live suicide is out of control so waiting lists are ridiculous 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh I'm sorry to hear that @Lynaskelly. It sounds like you've done a really good job of being proactive already, and I really hope you can access the help you need soon.

In the meantime, we're a friendly bunch so please do feel free to get involved and join in our discussions. If you want to share what's on your mind, our members are here to listen. If you feel like you need to speak about your mental health in the meantime, there are some brilliant NHS helplines with trained advisors listed here. Please do keep us updated. 
  • Lynaskelly
    Options
    Thanku very much pippa as a mother and grandmother I need to better the situation for them again thanks x

Brightness