Deprivation of liberty — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Deprivation of liberty

Gillian5113
Gillian5113 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2019 in Mental health and wellbeing
Hi I'm Gill and new to this group ,took me ages to work out how to do a message! I'm disabled with a spinal problem but was a carer for my mum  She has been placed in a care home with a deprivation of liberty placed on her ,has anyone else been in this situation and have experience in the process. I was told by someone I could get help with the taxi to visit her but that doesn't seem to be the case.i suffer with depression and anxiety also and am really struggling with the stress this is causing. Thanks for any help you can give me 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Gillian5113 Pleased to meet you .

Sorry you having problems doing messages.

Have a look at our Community guide and Community house rules.  Hope that helps.

Please can I ask when you mean deprivation of liberty. Does that mean you have no access to your Mother at all.

I am unsure of this and would advise have spoken to our SCOPE team helpline.

0808 800 3333.

The team may be able to help or advise with anything you need to know.

We are a here to support you.

There will be members of our community who will be able to identify what you are going through.

They might be in touch.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @Gillian5113 , welcome to the community.

Sorry you had difficulties with messaging us. 

Thank you for sharing this with us.  You said you were told you could get help getting a taxi, why is this not possible anymore? If you do not mind me asking.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Gillian5113, and a warm welcome to the community! 

Thanks for sharing this with us. I imagine the situation can feel overwhelming, particularly with your own mental health issues, however we're here to help. Hopefully there will be members who can share their own experiences too. 

I wonder if @Bryher could possibly advise here? 

Brightness