Strange letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Strange letter

cfl123
cfl123 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
hi,

hope someone can help. Had a letter from carers through today as I care for my daughter aged 9. It says they need to check benefit claim details. And it goes on about I must provide 35 hours of care etc.

i told them this already. Does anyone know what this means?

ita just oddly worded.

thank you 

Comments

• cfl123
    We are worried they’re trying to get out of paying. Hopefully it’s just standard.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,343 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It's difficult to advise without knowing exactly what the letter days. It's correct you need to give 35 hours of care minimum each week. Do you work, if so how many hours per week?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cfl123
    No I don’t work at all, that’s what was so strange. Will phone them Monday. They did phone up and ask if I worked last week so don’t know if connected 
  • poppy123456
    Maybe someone has reported you? Yes, you'll need to ring them to find out as that's the only way you'll know. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • cfl123
    Do you think someone could report us before a claim even starts? Hope not.
  • cfl123
    Everything’s been agreed with DWP for DLA etc. That does sound worrying.
  • poppy123456
    If it's a new claim then they're most likely making sure. I didn't know it was a new claim because you didn't mention that.

I'm really only guessing here so please ring them on Monday. It can take 8-12 weeks for payments to start. If you're claiming any other benefits as well like Income support or universal credit then the carers allowance will be deducted from that.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.