Being made homeless — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Being made homeless

karlas
karlas Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi there, 

Me and my daughter are being made homeless on the 11th off March. 

My daughter is a Looked after child which means another local authority share parental rights. 

We left foster care on November 2017. We moved into a house when a Moving Out Off Care company took on the tenencey agreement and now there telling us to leave which is okay for them to do so as there the ones who are renting the property. 

.  We were asked if we wanted to take on the tenency but my daughter has complex needs and the house is unsuitable. My daughter cant walk or talk due to a chromosome microduplication. 

So we went to housing Advice and they basically just said to look for private housng or husing occassions until the end off the 56 days. But renting privately is too expensive and hardly any take benefits. 

If i cant find anywhere ill have to declare myself homeless on the 11th off March. Then they'll put us in a B&B and we could be there months.

My daughters social worker also contacted them and I won't be high priority for housing. 

I just don't don't what to do, I'm struggling finding anywhere. I'm terrified about living in a B&B as I won't be able to bath my daughter safely and I don't know how I'd be able too cook and watch her safety. Her mental and kearlear age is that off a 4 to 8 months old so she has no sense off danger what so ever. ???

I don't know what else I can do.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @karlas welcome to the community! 

I am terribly sorry for what you are going through. Have you contacted your local CAB?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Do they no what there doing to us no money home nothing it’s bloody disgusting as they treat us like garbage we’re british do they forget this should be law against this x
  • karlas
    karlas Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Ami2301 said:
    Hi @karlas welcome to the community! 

I am terribly sorry for what you are going through. Have you contacted your local CAB?
    Hi Ami2301

I've actually just done this today. I've sent them an email.

So hopefully I'll get a reply soon. 

Thank you 
  • Kas29
    Kas29 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    My partner was living in a 1 bed flat private rented i was getting a lot worse and was using a wheelchair by then not having room for the wheelchair, i contacted the local council they could house us up to over 30 miles away as we were in a town near the edge of the county we were living in, we were talking to the housing advice in the next county they were really helpful as they could rehouse us as we had connections to the town but we had to go homeless for six months we stayed in a flat that they provided as it had a wet room but it cost all of our money each week, been here now nearly 10 years, i look at that 6 months as a means to an end
  • Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    They are well out of line even if you have esa while there sorting things they can still look after us gas elec rent food it’s a bloody joke and they try say your dr knows nowt bout you 
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    edited February 2019
    Karlas, I think most if not all housing is now run by housing associations, the council should have a list of these HA's, under the circumstances, I think they should make you a priority. 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Let us know if you get a reply :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness