Dwp letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dwp letter

phill36
phill36 Community member Posts: 7 Connected
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi All , i have a letter stateing that the DWP, wnt me to go for an interview to review my benifits and Circumstances, i  am on the higer level of pip and get mobilaty as i suffer with complex mental health issues , my wife carer rang the person who was from the compliance ofice and left a message but he has not replyed as of yet it has the letters FESL2Tv2 on the bottom can anyone sine an light on this for me please .

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @phillips123

Welcome to the community. 

Thank you for sharing this with us. Some of our members may be able to support with this soon
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Someone may have reported you for something. You will have to attend the interview but just be honest when answering those questions. If you haven't done anything wrong then there's nothing to worry about. Other than this it's very difficult to give further advice.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • phill36
    HI, Poppy thanks for the reply , the person left a message on my answer phone saying he would give me a telephone interview instead on the 11th of this month but didn't say what it was about .
    Regards Phil 
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi

There is nothing to worry about.

The full job title for the person you are to meet is Customer Service Compliance Officer, who will want to check you are claiming the correct benefit.

They also check if any adverse reports have been made, again this is just a fishing trip.

If they thought they might have something on you, it would have been passed to a fraud investigator and you would be Interviewed Under Caution, for legal reasons.

Sometimes it is pure random selection of a claimant to check benefits and bank account, if you are on means tested benefits.

Take someone with you, for peace of mind.

Keep us informed.

• phill36
    Hi, Atlas  thank you for the reply , the person who sent the letter, left a message on my answer phone saying he would give me a telephone interview instead of coming in to office it's on the 11th of this month .Regards Phil 
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @phill36

Even gets better for you Phil, it is a straight checking your benefits,via phone call.

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes.
  • phill36
    Thank you I have some very complex mental health problems and I also have Parkinson's so I have been out of my mind with worry .Thank you so much.
  • phill36
    Hi Atlas46, just to let you know I had the phone call yesterday, he said that someone had phone and made an accusation that I had inherited £24,000 and had brought a  new ford kuga , the person asked if this was correct .so told him the truth and yes I do have a new ford kuga it's a mobility car and no I haven't had any inheritance because nobody has died .The gentleman on the phone said he was very sorry for causing me so much stress and the case is now closed .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.