Longest time — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Longest time

SAMandCHARLEY
SAMandCHARLEY Community member Posts: 32 Connected
Hello all can someone tell me, after you have seen an accessor they put on the report how long you get pip for, so what is the longest time they can put you down for

Comments

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi

Get a copy of the PIP assessment report, contact PIP helpline.

Currently 10 years is max length before review.

You can appeal the length of award, if less than above.
  • SAMandCHARLEY
    When i was on disability the doctor told me this would be for life because my condition would get worse and it has, so i dont understand why i have been put down for 3 years only when i can barely move now
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    When you claimed DLA it waS about your disability and PIP is about your abilities totally different criteria so you will be reacessed in three years time.
  • SAMandCHARLEY
    ok thank you, i still dont understand all this, but thanks anyway
  • SAMandCHARLEY
    This has been bothering me all day when i claimed DLA its about my disability, but i also thought PIP was for disability too so what is different
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP is about how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors, so it's about your ability to do things.

DLA was about your disability so different.

As advised, if you disagree with the length of the award then you can request the MR but you should get expert advice before doing this.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • SAMandCHARLEY
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Mandatory Reconsideration, where you ask them to look at the decision again. Most MR decisions remain the same, if this happen then it's Tribunal. They will also look at the whole award again and not just part of it.

If you're request this for the award length you've been given then you'll need to justify the reasons why you think you should have received a longer award. This can be difficult which is why i advised you to get expert advice.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • SAMandCHARLEY
    ok now you have put me in the picture i will leave it alone but thank you for your advice :):):):)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.