tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

tribunal

Options
fishman
fishman Community member Posts: 4 Listener
just been told today that the waiting time for a tribunal on my pips decision is a year!

Comments

• Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    edited February 2019
    Options
    They are taking the **** with this bloody disgraceful and should be against law taking this to extremes and should be told about it were not beggars just cos were sick,ill,there disgrace to humanity 
  • fishman
    Options
    will of lost my home or starved to death by then
  • Gerald
    Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Options
    That is not a shock my tribunal is from Feb 2018 first it was 2 months then 35 to 37 weeks and now its 55 to 60 weeks on my next call to them my bet is that I get it will be in xxx weeks its a joke.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,017 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

If that's the timescale you've been told by HMCTS then it will be just a guide. It could be longer than that. It's the same across most of the country, unfortunately.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dotty123
    Options
    It’s a disgrace why can’t they leave your benefits alone till tribunal there just hoping we just give in and leave tribunal alone it has to be above the law and something be done x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    They can't continue to pay you while you wait for the Tribunal if there's no award in place, because there's nothing to pay.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Dotty123
    Options
    While waiting do they pay you rent and something to live on 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    This is a PIP thread and a PIP award stopping won't completely stop your housing benefit. It may reduce it but this will depend on your circumstances. There's no other benefit that replaces PIP while you wait for a Tribunal hearing.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @fishman, I'm sorry to hear this. The waiting time can be really tough, and unfortunately I'm sure many of our community members will have had similar experiences and will be able to empathise. Please do keep us updated.

It's by no means a solution, but Citizens Advice share this guidance for extra help while you're waiting for an appeal:

Extra help you can get

You can:
    • ask a charity - the Turn2us website tells you about charities that might be able to help you
    • talk to an adviser at Citizens Advice to find out what other funds are available in your area
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @fishman

How are you doing today?
  • Dotty123
    Options
    Hi can someone tell me why I received isio 
  • fishman
    Options
    it was citizens advice who told me about the waiting time when they helped me lodge the tribunal. dont get any housing benifit as i have a morgage. 

Brightness