Chronic Pain Group Lifeline removed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Chronic Pain Group Lifeline removed

Daniel
Daniel Community member Posts: 21 Connected
Suffering from osteoarthritis and recently being diagnosed with fibromyalgia, on the whole my conditions can only be 'managed' not toatlly cured. We attended an excellent 'chronic pain group' amongst other people with similar problems. The help and advice received through attending this group at the local hospital has been a lifeline to the people who attend. We have learnt so much medically, helping us to understand the reasons why we feel the way we do. Also talking to others with similar conditions encourages patients and provides excellent advice etc. The powers that be have decided to close this group, (actually 4 of them), leaving us without help and lost without this vital support. We are simply in 'limbo' so to speak and feel totally let down by the very people who are there to help us! The CCG has not contacted the patients and I genuinely believe this is simply a 'money saving act'.  Attending such groups alliviates the need to take as  much  toxic medication, where the talking is much more affective than suffering from the toxic side effects!

Comments

• ncps
    ncps Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
    Hi Daniel, I run Northamptonshire chronic pain group, I have chronic pain myself and because there was nothing in my area I now hold my own meetins in local cafes. I fully understand what you r going through. Anyone is welcome at my meetings but as I said they are held in Northants, Where are you?

Lou

Northants chronic pain support

www.ncpsuk.com

• Daniel
    Thank you so much for answering, it is so kind of you. I live in Northumberland and the professional who ran the groups was from Scotland. England no longer fund this but he continues to run groups in Scotland.
    Good luck with your group meetings wish I lived closer.

• ncps
    ncps Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
    oh Daniel this breaks my heart! I wish I could support EVERYONE with chronic pain as it is such a lonely experience, but sadly I can't, I wish you all the best.

Lou

Northants chronic pain support

www.ncpsuk.com

• Daniel
    Thank you again and all the best, Just telephoned the NHS and they are "still in discussions" ! Don't know what they are finding to discuss? It is either a closure or not? Pity we the patients are not involved. XX

Brightness