support for parents — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

support for parents

maxilang34
maxilang34 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi what help & support do other parents get please

Comments

• hartill77
    hartill77 Community member Posts: 97 Courageous
    Hi 
    @maxilang34

Welcome to the community! 

Would you like to share some ore details about yourself. 

I have a 12 year old daughter with autism.  I use the autism west midlands website, go to support groups, use scope, Facebook support pages, friends and family, cerebra sleep therapist and doctors. 

Let me know if you want help looking for anything 

Charlene
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @maxilang34 welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit more about the help and support you are hoping to find?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @maxilang34

Welcome to the community.

You may interested in our parent and carers or disabled parents discussions. You can also ask our Parenting Advisor  if you have any questions. 

We are also here for additional support.
  • maxilang34
    Hi thanks for replying my daughter is 10 with ASD we only found out last year I have no EHCP in place yet she struggles at school I’m not sure what’s available or what I should know or be pushing for I’m in Liverpool 
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @maxilang34

Thank you for sharing this with us. 

Our Autism and Aspergers advisor @Jack_W may be able to support you with this.
    You may find our education and learning and autism and aspergers useful too.

• hartill77
    hartill77 Community member Posts: 97 Courageous
    Hi @maxilang34
    There is a group on Facebook called 
    Autism in motion Liverpool. Depending where you live they seem to have lots of info and groups going on. If there not local to you they will have information they could share over messenger to help. 

Autism Westmidlands have a charity phone number you can call there really helpful. 
    They can give advice on where to get support for EHC plans. 

Hope this helps. 

Let me know want to know anything

One last thing the autism show is at the NEC Birmingham in June. They may do one closer to you but lots of info and really helpful. 
  • SaraC_Scope
    SaraC_Scope CP Network, Scope Posts: 43 Courageous
    edited March 2019
    Hi @maxilang34

Welcome to the community.  

My name is Sara and I am a Parent Adviser for the Scope Navigate service.  Navigate is a brand new service that provides a six week programme of online and telephone support to parents who have a child going through diagnosis or have a child who has recently been diagnosed with a disability.  The aim is to provide parents with emotional and practical support that will help them build resilience as they start on their journey as a parent of a child with a disability or impairment. 

I wondered if this may be of interest to you.  Please visit www.scope.org.uk/family-services/navigate  or call 0808 801 0510

Kind Regards

Sara

• maxilang34

Brightness