Hi, my name is pjindevon! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is pjindevon!

Options
pjindevon
pjindevon Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Anyone out there who was on ESA Income based allowance topped up with Severe Disability premiums who has been placed on Universal Credit and like myself have had thier UC benefit leave a huge financial hole in there entitlement payments.
Which has placed you living on the breadline.
My Benefits Entitlement has been cut by over £4100 per year.
£344 pcm or ££79.40 per week.
Im getting very ill and feel like my future is looking grim and trying to continually escape from those MH thoughts which tell me its not worth living.
I feel i now face threat of being evicted from my new council bungalow at sometime soon in the future.
There just is not enough monies coming in to live in my own home as an independant disabled person

I feel im free falling being trapped into the money saving Universal Credit and screaming out for help where there is no one to stop this freefall im on.
Please get in contact.
My Aim is to get a Group Action Legal Case against the DWP who have removed my hope of being able to get by and live with dignity.
PJ

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @pjindevon   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Sorry what has happened to you. I know there any many problems with Universal Credit. 

As a member of the community champions team.  Who advise and help members.

Have you spoken to CAB.  There may be to advise to help and give you any relevant support plus information.

Have you spoken to your council and housing offices.

If having housing problems.

Hope that helps. You are not alone.

We are here to listen.  Anytime.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • pjindevon
    pjindevon Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Yes
    Yes
    and Yes.
    I am in contact with Wiser Money as well.

It was the Disability Charity SCOPES help line that confirmed all my worse fears.
    I am in deep consideration this weekend to use my case as an example of an uncaring Tory Govt.
    And stopping all my life saving meds .
    Why would i want to choose to live a life i can no longer afford.

Its not easy but once i decide this I will not stop my personal way of protest against what is evil and so wrong.

I will see things and use my voice until someone in power hears my cry and brings hope of real change.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @pjindevon   Thanks for reply.  I was also going to suggest the websites.

Benefit and Works do not know the full address typed in benefit and works all one word. Always interested and supportive of stories like yours.

Very useful and much of the time spent wanting to know your stories like yourself. Others are Disability News as well same.

All I can say is I agree with you entirely and hope this Universal credit stops. Not working. Something needs to change. Always got my support any community members who are in difficulties.

Have to stand together.

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @pjindevon

Please please don’t go down that road!!!!!

Please talk to me and I am very very happy to help you!!!!’

We all need to stay together & stay Strong ??

Please please let me know how your telephone ? call went ????

@steve51

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @pjindevon,

I've responded on your other post but just to reiterate, you are a member of our community and we appreciate you. If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org. You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself.

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

Brightness