ESA is being stopped — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA is being stopped

jojo1
jojo1 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi everyone
I have been reading the discussions on here and realise i not the only one that has had a letter back stating im ok to work.
At the moment im on rsa and pip...they have assessed me and told me i am fit for work even though i go to the hospitalon the 18th feb to be advised on a day to go and have my operation!!...the leter from the assessment stated i denied them to look at my leg which is a total lie..the reason im going in is to have my leg shortened yet again and soldered so i have no movment i cant have a cortisone injection as the only space is where a main artry is and im in excruciating pain as its bone on bone...my back and my hips have athitis from compensating  and i dont sleep any more due to the amoun of pain...im at a loss of what to do as i cant go without money but my partner earns slightly more than what benefits will allow so i can only claim esa and pip and now esa is to be stopped...ive sent a letter of appeal and will be ringing them too and also seeing if i can talk to cab....anyone have anthing else i can do as i cannot believe that the assessor has lied that i denied her to look at y leg when i didnt and that im actually going into hospital and will be off around 6 to 8 months..how can they stop esa on those grounds???

Comments

• AnkyieSpon
    AnkyieSpon Community member Posts: 138 Pioneering
    @jojo1 welcome to the community. I am so sorry to read what you are experiencing. I am so appalled at what I read on here and other groups, nobody should have to be treated so unfairly and how on earth do they come to these crazy conclusions and to read that your asseror lied is shocking. 
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior
  • jojo1
    Thankyou for your reply....i feel so appalled that they can treat people like this ...im not a number or a statistic or a sherker...ive worked 35 years of my life to be treated like this...i cant understand when i actually have a letter to go in hospital for an operation that they even consider me able to go back to work...what i would like to know is what happens if i have an accident in the workplace due to my illness...whos fault is it...mine..employers or the esa because they are forcing me back to work instead of being able to have my operation..i have been told if i dont have the operation i will end up in a wheelchair...ive paid my taxes for 35 years for this....im appalled and discusted at the system.
  • jojo1
    edited February 2019
    Can anyone from the group @AnkyieSpon help me as to what i maybe able to do or get help with this...thanks in advance
  • jojo1
    @thespiceman please can you look at my posts and let me know what if anything i can do thankyou in advance
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2019
    Hello @jojo1   Thank you for reply.  I would first suggest appeal you need to do that. The procedure is confusing and can be complex. So please speak to CAB about that.

We have information on our website which is worth looking at.

The other thing I would stress is to contact your local MP.  They are interested in cases like yours.

I am fully aware of the situation you are in. Having many times been there and experienced the attitude of DWP.  My own personal circumstances.

I am appalled and shocked. 

All I can say speak to CAB and maybe there can sign post you to welfare rights or other organisations who can assist with helping you further.

We are here any time to listen and be supportive.

Keep in touch anytime.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • jojo1
    Thankyou so much for your reply @thespiceman i cannio tell you how upset distraught and angry i am when im at the most critical part of my journey with my leg...im ashamed to be in a system where we get treated like a number and not as a humas neing..i am even more discusted that as a disabled person our voices are not heard and i thought society was supposed to be more tollerant and understood the pressures of being disabled
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @jojo1 Please can I add you are not alone with your thoughts and feelings.

My heart goes out to you. I am on this forum daily and meet so many really amazing people. Who have worked hard and suddenly find themselves in this difficult position of wanting to get help and support. From a system that does neither.

I as a community champion have also had first hand knowledge of what you are going through my own personal circumstances.

This community is the place to be for those like yourself. Unfortunately the society outside of this community does not care or not have concern.

Reason why on the forum there are so many stories that we share and care. Have concern. As  valued members we are here to be strong and support each other.

Please I know how upsetting and emotive all of this is.

Please as I said very happy to listen if you wish to offload anytime. 

Hope that helps.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.