Not sure what benifits I can get? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not sure what benifits I can get?

Anii123
Anii123 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hello I am just 80 years of age. I am getting mobility allowance. I have arthrits in my hands. I am not able to grab things open bottles and lots of other things. I thought I might be able to get some sort of benifit for this. I phoned the pension service last week to see if I could get anything? I was told I could not get two benifits? I could not have my mobility and an other benifit? I know this all sounds very strange. Things are always chenging. If someone could explain this to me I would be very greatfull. Ann

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Anii123 welcome to the community! 

Is your mobility component part of Disability Living Allowance or another benefit?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Anii123
    Hello thank you for your reply. I get the higher rate mobility component of disability living allowance. Ann
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
     Hi @Anii123

Welcome to our community.

There are a number of flaws with your first post, you must be a learned and blessed person.

You cannot get “motability” aged 80 years.

Would you please enlighten us, which pension service, you sought advice from?

Suggest you troll somewhere else.

Have a nice day “Ann”.

• clarkjohnson
    clarkjohnson Community member Posts: 210 Pioneering
    Blimey if I get to 80 I'm goin sky diving ?And I'm taking more than one parachute 
  • Ami2301
    Are you receiving the care component of DLA @Anii123?
  • Ami2301
    Please be respectful to all community members. We strive to create a supportive community.
  • clarkjohnson
    It's ok no harm ment just trying a bit of humour and actually there was a lady on the box recently who jumped out of a plane 96 she was and when they asked her how do you feel she said I want to do it again I thought good on you the moral of the story is who said life's a bunch of roses . 
  • Anii123
    Hello again I have mobility for 15 years. I ghet pensions credit but ther name might have changed again. 
    Please dont make fun of me because I am 80. I am doing my best. Ann
  • Ami2301
    We are here to help and advise you Ann, do you have someone care for you? If so, it might be worth checking to see if you are eligible for Attendance Allowance :)
  • clarkjohnson
    Anne believe me sweetheart I'm not making fun and I'm sorry no offence meant 
  • Anii123
    Hello again thank you all for your replys. I know you are trying to help. I live alone. Attendance allowance that is the one I aswked about? The girl said you cant get attendance allowance and mobility? She did say she was not sure. That is why I thought someone on here would know. Dont worry if you cant. I know you would if you could. Thanks anyway. Ann
  • clarkjohnson
    It's ok just find it slightly strange you haven't answered someone who accused you of being a troll ? 
  • Ami2301
    Unfortunately, I don't know Ann however someone will know and will get in contact with you soon :)
  • clarkjohnson
    I've got the voice on my brother used to have a ford Mexico with a cassette player he had a Tom Jones greatest hits album what a singer put yer headphones on people and try you tube I'm never going to fall in love again written by lonnie donagan I might add . Good evening and God bless 
  • Anii123
    Hello again what is a troll? I am sure I am not. I am just a person hoping to get some advice or help. Ann
  • clarkjohnson
    Hello anni I don't no sounds like something out of Lord of the rings doesn't it 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    atlas46 said:
     Hi @Anii123

Welcome to our community.

There are a number of flaws with your first post, you must be a learned and blessed person.

You cannot get “motability” aged 80 years.

Would you please enlighten us, which pension service, you sought advice from?

Suggest you troll somewhere else.

Have a nice day “Ann”.

Please be respectful of other members
    Anii is in receipt of the mobility component of DLA not motability which is part of PIP
    Have you tried contacting Age UK ?
    they may be able to advise you whether you are entitled to any other benefit
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    @atlas46 please be aware of the tone and language you use on the community, it is unfair to assume that a member isn't genuine and we need to be giving a safe and supportive space for all our members.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.