Name of the HCP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Name of the HCP?

Benistmonk
Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
Hi all, how do I go about finding the name of the HCP who assessed me, what qualifications she has and who to make a complaint to about the lies she told in my assessment.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    If you have a copy of the assessment report it will say their name and profession on there. Remember that they don't need to be qualified in a specific condition to be an assessor because all conditions affect us differently.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello hello and welcome, if you have your acessment report then these details will be in the report the acessors name and qulifcations and should be the registration number. These can be checked on a national registry. A lot of acessors sign theirselves as disability analysis. I have seen this on receiving information about my ESA acessment which was paper based.
  • Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    They don’t pass as your doctor who knows you years they don’t listen or do any of the tests you need for points it’s a joke passing them assessors as if they know us how first meet 30mins and she / he knows us to say how we are ****
  • Benistmonk
    Thanks for the replies, yes those details are normally included on every assessment report I have in the past, usually at the bottom of the last page, but they have not been included on the report this time.

Would that invalidate the assessment report?
  • Dotty123
    Well there asking you for there report things you can do but never asked you to try them I said I can’t lift cup she said can you lift normal mug I said no plastic beaker stuck to table use straw that was it 
  • Benistmonk
    If you have a copy of the assessment report it will say their name and profession on there. Remember that they don't need to be qualified in a specific condition to be an assessor because all conditions affect us differently.
    Does that mean a physiotherapist can assess you for mental health?
  • Dotty123
    It means homeless person can do it it should be your doctor and 2 reliable peaple 
  • poppy123456
    Does that mean a physiotherapist can assess you for mental health?
    Yes, it does. No name on the report doesn't invalidate it either. There was no name on my daughters PIP report either.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Dotty123 said:
    Well there asking you for there report things you can do but never asked you to try them I said I can’t lift cup she said can you lift normal mug I said no plastic beaker stuck to table use straw that was it 
    All that is to do with the ESA group descriptors. If a person doesn't meet the descriptors they won't be placed into one of the groups.
  • Benistmonk
    Thanks Poppy, if that is the case, I am going to see if I can get my cousins labrador a job with Maximus, he is fully trained and can sit, stay and retrieve on command. :) 
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Hi Benistmonk, Yes the assessor's name and what Medical profession they are qualified in before becoming an Assessor should be available to you. They are also supposed to have worked in their profession for 2 years before becoming an Assessor. However it's very difficult to get this information out of the company they work for and then it will ONLY be their name, profession and maybe their registration number. As others have said it should be on your assessment report. You are entitled to this information and knowing this does mean you can check the GMC, HCPC or NMC registers to make sure they're on there. 
          I questioned my assessor's actual qualifications with IAS, who told me nothing and also my MP coudn't get this information when I asked him to help. I also asked HCPC but again no info. except to say she wouldn't be on their register if she wasn't qualified. Now ICE have finished their investigation into my complaint and their report does say that IAS should have told me her qualifications. It's a long hard road to get any info. but definitely you should have a name and whether they're a nurse, physio, Paramedic or whatever but having this info. won't help your claim. Hope that helps....      

• clarkjohnson
    clarkjohnson Community member Posts: 210 Pioneering
    Why is everything complicated I've never heard so many conflicting stories in my life no wonder people s mental states are in a mess Albert Einstein would struggle with it all 
  • Benistmonk
    Why is everything complicated I've never heard so many conflicting stories in my life no wonder people s mental states are in a mess Albert Einstein would struggle with it all 
    I agree it is complicated, especially when you get a HCP report / legal document, and there are no details about who assessed you on it. You can form your own opinion as to why a HCP would do that. I think one reason this is being done is to prevent complaints to the medical profession. Another reason is they know they are breaking the law by lying and don't want to be identified for that reason.

• clarkjohnson
    Well here's my view if people need to lie after being told the truth I don't think that can be helpful to anyone what a sad state of affairs isn't it 
  • Benistmonk
     I have just rang the Health Assessment Advisory Service, they say I have to make a subject access request under data protection act to get the name of the HCP, now that is sad.

They should wear balaclavas and stocking masks like real villains do, then at least we will know what we are dealing with. 
  • clarkjohnson
    Hear hear benistmonk I like honest and sympathetic people like yourself 
  • Benistmonk
    I have thought about setting up a charity in order to pay for solicitors to put appeals together for benefit claimants. They have something like that in Scotland funded by the National Lottery. If anyone knows how to set up a charity, let me know. 
  • clarkjohnson
    I no someone up Scotland told me what a complete mess people are in . You seem a decent person with a human understanding touch . I salute you sir 
  • Dotty123
    Older peaple I feel sorry for I’ve never had this problem before it’s disgusting no one helps I’m 62 and heading for streets if stop my housing com diabetic asthmatic can’t use hands why I’m not giving up cos I’m in right x
  • Dotty123
    I’ve contacted lottery for help so if they get in touch you can help x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.