DWP & Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP & Assessment

AlexNY
AlexNY Community member Posts: 17 Listener
edited February 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, I'm Alex

I have been dealing with the DWP myself while out of work due to a large corrective operation. I was signed off for 6-8 months by the team looking after me and gave all evidence concerning the issue to the DWP. I was sent for an assessment and have since learned that the assessor had repeatedly lied and had made assumptions on the assessment.
This is a breach of the Nurses Code of Conduct, is a dismiss-able offence and can be considered fraud in some cases. 
This is a gross neglect of anybody in a situation like many are by the DWP and this needs to change.
I have been in contact with a reporter from a nation news channel who is collecting stories like yours and mine to make a detailed report on what is happening to people like you that need help.
These companies that run the assessments are a profit based company working for the DWP, this is what your tax money has been paying for.
If you would like to tell your sorry I can forward you on to this reporter so she can gather information so we can stop this from happening.
Please email me at :

[edited by moderator]

I am just someone, like you, who has witnessed first hand the state of the DWP and has decided to join the fight.
Please get in contact, the more stories we have the more chance we have to fight this.

Good luck
Alex

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @AlexNY

Thank you for sharing this with us. I am sorry to hear what you went through. Just to let you know we do not allow any email address to be posted in the community. Please read more from our community guidelines.

If you have any questions, please let us know :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,344 Disability Gamechanger

Please edit your comment and remove the email address. As a scope community champion here on the forums, your safety is important and it's against scope rules to put personal information on the forum.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • AlexNY
    This is not a personal account, this is made just for the reasons stated, to collect stories.
    Surely this would be ok considering what this is for?
    If I am not allowed to post the email address, where can I put a point of contact on here for this reason?

Thanks 
    Alex
  • AlexNY
    This is not a personal account, this is made just for the reasons stated, to collect stories.
    Surely this would be ok considering what this is for?
    If I am not allowed to post the email address, where can I put a point of contact on here for this reason?

Thanks 
    Alex
  • poppy123456
    Hi,

Scope do not allow contact details of any kind. If you want people to contact you then they can do this by messaging you on the forum.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • clarkjohnson
    clarkjohnson Community member Posts: 210 Pioneering
    Spot on Alex and thank you for your support your a star ?
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AlexNY
    We don't allow any sharing of email addresses, telephone numbers etc on the community, this is a place for people to ask questions and chat with others in a similar situation. If people are interested they can comment on your post.

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    @AlexNY

Welcome it’s great to meet you this afternoon.

Yes you will find many many members who have been in the same situation’s

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with?????

@steve51
  • AlexNY
    Hi Poppy,

Some people may not want to post personal info on this forum and some may have legal implications as my case does.
    Do you provide a private message service so these people can be protected?

Thanks
    Alex 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Private messaging is blocked for new members, once you reach level 2 (25 points) then you can access the private messaging facility.

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • AlexNY
    Hi Sam,

Thank you. I will take them down now.
    How do I get to that many points?

Thanks 

Alex

• poppy123456
    Gain points by commenting or posting on the threads.
  • paul93
    paul93 Community member Posts: 69 Connected
    Hello 
    I am getting PIP standard rate and Mobility standard rate as i went to tribunal now in December 2018 they assessed me twice for ESA and today i received the derision and they gave me 0 points ever where and they stopped me paying from 7th Feb 2019 the nurse who assessed me she is a full of lies and i cant understand about my situation,I had a heart attack i am diabetic i have arthritis on my neck i have acidity problem i have bladder problem i have Prostate Cancer i have problem in my spin and my MRI show a decree of canal stenosis and i have a metal health issue so they have stopped my money what shall i do and how i can survive please help me 
  • paul93
    Assessor had lied 110% in my case

• AlexNY
    Hi paul93:
    Assessor had lied 110% in my case

Sorry for the late reply, I hope it reaches you in time.
    Firstly this need to be reported to the NMC. You should see if Citizens Advice can help with this. They would be best to write up a report stating where the nurse has lied, this can also be used as part of your appeal to the DWP and I have found that 90% of cases with this attached are winning. 
    As I said, report it first. You have a very serious case not only of Medical Negligence but of Fraud. This is happeming all the time and needs stopping but we need to gather X amount of cases with the NMC for them to really take action on these companies running the assessments and the DWP.

I am having a chat with the NMC today and will post on the forum about it, so keep an eye out.

If you are having issues with writing up the report I can help a little but you won't be the only case I am running at the moment so it may take me a little to get back to you.

Good Luck

Alex
  • paul93
    So please Alex help me to write up the report i will be really grateful to you.Thanks many times.
    paul93
  • AlexNY
    edited February 2019
    More than happy to help Paul. If you want to go through the assessment yourself first and underline the points the assessor has lied, write a brief note at the bottom of the page about how the assessor did lie and [removed by moderator]  \I'll see what I can do but firstly I do need that from you if possible. If you are unable then either go to CAB or the Job Centre and get them to help you do this first part.
    They are both normally happy to help with this.

• paul93
    Dear AlexNY if you can send me your email then i can scan and write where the assessor lied then you will be able to understand everything.
    Thanks
    paul93
  • paul93
    Dear Alex i need to do first Mandatory reconsideration then i will make an appeal so can you guide me what shall i write in mandatory reconsideration please.Thanks paul93
  • poppy123456
    Sam_Scope said:
    Hi @AlexNY
    We don't allow any sharing of email addresses, telephone numbers etc on the community, this is a place for people to ask questions and chat with others in a similar situation. If people are interested they can comment on your post.

Hi,

As a community champion here on scope, i'd like to remind you of our rules. As @Sam_Scope have previously advised we don't allow sharing of email addresses or any other personal information for the safety of our members.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.