Medical assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Medical assessment

Options
anneliese
anneliese Community member Posts: 14 Listener
hi I've been for a medical assessment today on universal credit i have bipolar ADHD degenerate disc disease and severe sciatica however during the assessment my mental health really was declining rapidly and she said that she had enough on just my mental health without having to look or talk about the effects of my back and leg.... thoughts.?? I also told her I'm in receipt of high rate pip would she just use that information regarding my physical problems.? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,072 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Sometimes they have enough of information not to have to ask you everything about your conditions and how they affect you. If you told them all of this in the form you filled in for the work capability assessment then then face to face is just to ask extra questions and to confirm some questions that need answers.

They wouldn't get any information from your PIP claim because they're 2 completely different benefits.

Leave it a week and either ring UC or put a note on your journal to request a copy of the assessment report. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.

Decision times can be anything from 2-8 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.