chronic lower back pain — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

chronic lower back pain

Letty1
Letty1 Community member Posts: 5 Connected
Hello everyone, new to the site.
I just need to connect with people who understand how living with constant pain can become so depressing. I've had chronic lower back pain for 12 years and now I have constant pain and swelling in my right arm.
I wake up crying most mornings because of it. 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Letty1   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear that your in pain.

I am one of the team of community champions who help and advise new members who join.

Please have a look at our website on Dealing with Chronic Pain.  You will find many members like yourself.

Please ask if we can help and advise.  Some one will know from our team or a member of our community.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Letty1, and a warm welcome to the community!

I'm so sorry to hear about your pain, it can be so tough to live with. You're among others who understand here, and I hope at the very least this community helps you feel less alone. You may be particularly interested in our dealing with chronic pain discussions.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Letty1

Good Afternoon & Welcome ??

I am one off the “Community Champion’s” as well.

Yes I have had “Chronic Pain” since 2005.

I have been given numerous tablets/treatments.

None of these have helped to date!!!!!!!!

Please have a good look ? around & please let me know if you get stuck!!!!!!!

@steve51

• Letty1
    Letty1 Community member Posts: 5 Connected
    Hello and thank you for reading and replying. 
    It's so good knowing there are people who understand what it feels like to be in constant insufferable pain. I'm going to see my GP tomorrow hopefully I'll get stronger pain killers. 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Letty and welcome

I do understand how you feel having had chronic lower back pain for 30 odd years. The bad news is that you will never be free of it, painkillers of various types can ease the symptoms but you will need to work with your GP and or pain clinic to find the combination that helps you best. Stronger is not always better, try to find a level that gives you tolerable relief and some quality of life.
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • AnkyieSpon
    AnkyieSpon Community member Posts: 138 Pioneering
    Hi @Letty1 I'm a member of the chronic pain community to so remember your not alone and we are here to help.
    Can I ask has your GP sent you for any xrays or mri or just giving you drugs? 
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Hi @Letty1 I too have chronic lower back pain and now pain in my right leg that wakes me up every morning. I use heat pads (Curaheat from Tescos) when it is really bad. Very soothing and gives relief for a day or too if used all day. I'm using ice on my leg and that also helps a lot. I also do exercises while lying on the bed which may sound crazy but moving any part of the body whichever you can without pain is what I do. It's surprises me that the part of my spine that is degenerating will move freely while I'm lying down but as soon as I get up it won't move at all. My Osteopath said the pain is mostly caused by the muscles around the joint going into spasm (anywhere in the body) is what causes most of the pain rather than the joint itself. I also have a tube of strong gel from the Dr. as pain killers upset my tum but do have to resort to them some of the time.   
  • Saffy5
    Saffy5 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    I too have chronic lower back pain have you been to a pain clinic, I've had radio frequency denerveation several times over the years it helps but unfortunately the nerves grow back and you have to start again but inbetween it's worth it. I know it doesn't work for everyone but it's worth exploring 
  • moedas
    moedas Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited April 2021
    Hi,

I also suffer from chronic lower back pain [link to external site removed by moderator - advertising not allowed on the community] it is horrible. unfortunately I didn't find anything to solve this problem. I do exercises and work the core and it has helped a lot. forget the medication.
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Hi @moedas,

Just spotted this post and wanted to let you know about a couple of things. 

Firstly, I've removed the link from your original post, as it appeared to be related to advertising for products to ease lower back pain. And if you have a look at our community guidelines, you'll see that we don't allow any form of advertising, so I've just removed that from your post. 

Also, given that this is quite an old conversation, I am not sure that you will receive too many replies on this thread. So, if you are looking for some support for you lower back pain, then do let us know. But I can see that you've already posted elsewhere, so it might be better for you to concentrate your attention on the other thread if you're still looking to chat to other members of the community about that.

Hope that's all clear, and all the very best with your lower back pain. 
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness