UNIVERSAL CREDIT NEEDS TOO BE URGENTLY STOPPED — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UNIVERSAL CREDIT NEEDS TOO BE URGENTLY STOPPED

Maggie7913
Maggie7913 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited February 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi looking for something to tell me who has control over government.  When is it going to end cruelty  with universal credit system. these so called government ***** how can we make them listen to us. All affects it's having on us. Too many people committe suicide because of system and how so many are being evicted from their homes.  I thought there was a law about how much say people can live on not any less WELL HOW CAN THEY  GET AWAY WITH SANCTIONS . Especially I got one for missing a phone call.  And they took £160 off month benefits.  How and who can write to get our voices heard and get system stopped  before  more deaths happen . It can't go on living like this.  Why can't government see what's happening and stop it ASAP. Thanks rant over x
Maggie 

Comments

• clarkjohnson
    clarkjohnson Community member Posts: 210 Pioneering
    Hello Maggie totally agree with you . Pleased to meet you 
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited February 2019
    Totally agree as it's not fit for purpose, if you haven't already please sign the petition in my signature below. I've been campaigning with many others for it to be scrapped.

This is how I describe UC.

Also people already on ESA shouldn't be forced to claim UC either. As we know ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

This system is morally wrong. 
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• maggieomx
    maggieomx Community member Posts: 131 Courageous
    Especially some of the goverment are milking the system thieving expenses from the expenses commitee and when they get caught its oh im sorry and then their let off !! But like you missing a fone call are sanctioned and lose money !!
    Some of The government are a club of thieves and bandits !!
    AND THEIR CALLING US !!
    AND IN CHARGE OF OUR MONEY !!!   God help us !!
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    Hiya, yeah, Im finding this really hard. After 5 years battling with old style credits and ESA... Weve finally started to receive payments because I changed to Universal Credits. 

Don't get me wrong. The system is appalling for so many reasons. I got a decision on 13th December.... Then in January found out our claim was cancelled on 7th December... Makes no **** sence...hours of sobbing on the phone.. 

But for several reasons our little fmsily gets a little more money on Universal Credit and I'm grateful. 

But I don't understand why Universal Credit has to be so awful 
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    We have no rights left since they took away legal aid, they bought off the CAB by making them trading standards. And changed the benefit system to screw us into the ground, the only thing they haven't done is to have us shot. Then they expect us to go to court to defend ourselves against a system we know nothing about, like we are all bloody solicitors. 

I could tell what I would do about it, but then you can't say things like that on an open forum. Put it this way, the French had the right idea, they got rid of all the rich ponces who were robbing them blind.

People always blame the government, but it is the queen who grants royal assent to legislation. Anyway I don't know who votes Tory, they are far worse than Labour, then again, does it make any difference who votes when the only thing that changes is the name of the PM, and we don't have a say in that.
  • teejays1617
    teejays1617 Community member Posts: 92 Courageous
    Totally agree as it's not fit for purpose, if you haven't already please sign the petition in my signature below. I've been campaigning with many others for it to be scrapped.

This is how I describe UC.

Also people already on ESA shouldn't be forced to claim UC either. As we know ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

This system is morally wrong. 
    You are totally right .Universal Credit is not fit for purpose.
    Many friends of mine have signed the MIRROR  CAMPAIGN
    Here is a complete truth
    So if you're over 25 moving to UC LCWRA from ESA support group for those that were receiving the SDP you will have been £184.99 per month worse off. 
    UNIVERSAL CREDIT  FAR WORSE OFF BY MOVING ON TO IT
    THIS GOVERNMENT SAID " No one will be worse off under it"
    We trusted what the government said but it was FOUND OUT TO BE LYING
    Yes the Conservatives will say Weve amended it all and Transitional Cover
    will cover any losses incurred
    BUT THIS UNIVERSAL CREDIT GOES FAR FAR DEEPER
    I honestly believe that IAIN DUNCAN SMITH HAS SLAUGHTERED THE
    BENEFIT SYSTEM DRIVI8NG MANY PEOPLE INTO UTTER POVERTY
    I feel really sure he copied the German HARTZ Social Security system which has seen over 500,000 Germans in UTTER POVERTY
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    Signed it even though I know the government hardly ever takes any notice of petitions, I think we have more chance of winning the lottery TBH.
  • teejays1617
    teejays1617 Community member Posts: 92 Courageous
    The German Hartz  4  benefit system that drove many people into the most awful
    poverty . Is this the blueprint that Iain Duncan Smith decided to use on us
    Here is a quote from the Guardian
     The German state is obliged to guarantee its citizens a life compatible with "human dignity," a principle that resulted in a 2010 court ruling that said the standard Hartz IV payment is not calculated in a way that ensures that. In April 2012, a Berlin court decided that the monthly Hartz IV payment was exactly €36 too little(or €100 for a family) to comply with constitutional requirements. That is not yet, and probably won't ever be, enough to overthrow the entire Hartz concept, but the conflict with the "pressure to work" ideology is growing more apparent.
    A DISGRACE TO HUMAN DIGNITY 
    IS THE UNIVERSAL CREDIT MODELLED ON THIS IDEOLOGY?
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Hiya everyone please read and forward this to all your MPs whether Tory's or Labour this all really needs highlighting. See thread here https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/56198/everyone-urgent-action-is-needed-now-please-write-or-email-this-to-all-your-mps-asap 
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.