SDP Reinstatement — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SDP Reinstatement

nig_64
nig_64 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi, now that the legislation preventing people in receipt of SDP going on UC has come into force does anyone know if there has been any announcement when those on already UC that have lost Severe Disability Premium will get it again and get their back pay as the new rules say they will?

Comments

• JCC
    JCC Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
    Hello, thank you for your question.  It is something we need to know and I believe one of the knowledgeable folk on here will be able to answer shortly.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    nig_64 said:
    Hi, now that the legislation preventing people in receipt of SDP going on UC has come into force does anyone know if there has been any announcement when those on already UC that have lost Severe Disability Premium will get it again and get their back pay as the new rules say they will?
    Hi,

Unfortunately, there's been no further announcements.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • nig_64
    nig_64 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Thanks for the reply, I thought not but asked just in case I'd missed something.
    I lost my SDP when I moved and the council HB people said I had to make a new claim for UC which I have since discovered was totally wrong advice! 
    I've tried rattling the UC's cage but their people I've spoken to are claiming no knowledge of any change as yet.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.