Principality Stadium: Disabled spaces increased by 30% — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Principality Stadium: Disabled spaces increased by 30%

Pippa_Alumni
Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
The Principality Stadium has increased the number of disabled spaces by 30% for sporting events.
There are now an extra 46 new wheelchair bays at the home of Welsh rugby, taking the total number to 214.
As a result, the stadium's total capacity has been reduced to 73,931.

The announcement comes ahead of Wales' sold-out Six Nations clash against England. Fans have been advised to arrive at turnstiles "as early as possible".

When the stadium was completed in 1999, the legal requirement for disabled access was 168 wheelchair bays.
However, Welsh Rugby Union (WRU) bosses said if the stadium had been built today it would "require many more".

You can read the full story over on the BBC News website. What do you think about increasing disabled spaces? Do you struggle to access sporting events?

Comments

• Markmywords
    Markmywords Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    On the face of it that sounds great but there is much more to parking than that.
    Morrisons is free for me to park but my hospital charges £4 (£2/hr) each visit. The hospital management now sees me as a resource to be exploited. They are profiteering and use a private contractor to maximise those profits. They set a debt collector on anyone who dares to raise a dispute.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    If you have an HC2 certificate then you may be entitled to claim back parking charges at the hospital as well as petrol costs
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.