Carers Allowance & Univeral Credit - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Carers Allowance & Univeral Credit

2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    He can't claim ESA because he's claiming UC. He can claim for the limited capability for work but for this he'll need a sick note from his GP. The process of that is similar to ESA and eventually a face to face assessment is most likely. Evidence will also be needed to support his claim.

PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors.

Being your carer could well go against him for both of those claims but it will depend what help he gives you and the reasons for the PIP/LCW claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jadeXX
    jadeXX Community member Posts: 53 Connected
    He has been on PIP and ESA before He started to work again but he couldn’t handle the pain anymore so he quit 
  • wild_one
    wild_one Community member Posts: 95 Connected
    What if her husband claimed carers for someone who lives elsewhere, like an elderly parent?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.