motability car and ATW, could I claim costs? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

motability car and ATW, could I claim costs?

Options
davidg
davidg Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2019 in Transport and travel
I have been in receipt of ATW for nearly 3 years and have re-applied recently. Since my award I have been awarded Enhanced PIP and now have a notability car. My ATW was being used to provide taxis as I'm registered blind and can't drive myself. So because I gave the notability car my ATW renewal application has been refused. Thet state that i have to use my motability car for getting to work. My wife will will have to drive me to work and back which will be a 31 mile round trip each way. ATW are prepared to pay a support driver to drive me so is there any reason why my wife shouldn't be paid for doing so? Also could I claim fuel costs from ATW for the additional mileage to my notability car?

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @davidg   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.  

I am one of the team of community champions who advise and help new members who join.

I am unsure of answer to your question.  I know there will be members of our team or a member of our community may be able to advise you.

Have you spoken to Motability the scheme providers.  They may be able to advise you regarding nominated drivers.

Helpline is 0300 456 4566.

Another suggestion is to speak to CAB your local office.

Hope that helps.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @davidg , welcome to the community  Thank you for sharing this with us.

You or your wife may want to get in contact with your ATW and see if you claim additional costs.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @davidg, and welcome!

I think ATW would be best placed to answer your questions, have you managed to get in touch with them? Hopefully our community members will be able to share their thoughts too!

Brightness