ICE: Complaint not upheld - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ICE: Complaint not upheld

Options
2»

Comments

• Sud
    Sud Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
    Options
    Thank you@Pippa
  • Sud
    Sud Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
    Options
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Options
    Another update: I have received another 2 page of A4 size letter from ICE. I was hoping there would be a glimmer of acceptance of my ongoing compalints but no. The tone of the letter is a complete put down as if I am a nobody just making a nuisance of myself. I will quote from part of it. 
               "I have noted your comments around the standard of English in the HCP's report, specifically that it was not clear and concise and that the information recorded was inaccurate; Whilst the HCP may not have drafted their report as you would have liked them to, that does not mean the report was incorrect or unfit for purpose". They go on to say if they identify recurring service failures on the part of IAS they will provide feedback to DWP.
              Bearing in mind lies even with evidential proof are not part of their investigation they will not be reported to DWP by ICE. 
              The last paragraph states they are closing my case and if I contact them again they will not reply. 
     Permission to scream. This is the final "head banging against a brick wall" apart from the Parliamentary Ombudsman. Anyone got any experience of reporting a complaint to them. 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hello @wildlife Thank you for sharing. So what happens now.

Is it worth contacting you MP?

I am always here if you need any support..

Is worth for example contacting.  These disability websites . One called Benefits and works.

You never know any advice they can help with .Even Disability news.  Could tell them what is happening both websites see what they come up with.

Only some suggestions. Never give up.

Your friend.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • wildlife
    Options
    Thank-you @thespiceman I appreciate your support and friendship. I will investigate the websites you mention but there comes a time when you have to admit defeat. I do have a letter to send to the guy at IAS who wrote to me as he seemed a lot more caring of the quality of assessor's work. There's nothing to stop anyone writing letters but the answers may cause yet more stress. When I rejoined you recently I hoped that things had improved but reading recent posts they still look just as bad. 
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Options
    You seem to know a lot about making complaints.
    I need to make a complaint about rubbish put in a letter sent to my doctor from the QE hospital.
    Someone has taken info about the 2 leaking valves off the computer.
    And the hospital have claimed to have done scans on my spine. Which they never got round to doing. 
    Iv had 2 mri scans on my heart and 1 mri on my liver how do  I make a formal complaint about this hospital. Anyone know ?
  • wildlife
    Options
    Hi @Misscleo, I only have experience of benefit compaints but I would start by contacting PALS if I were you. That stands for Patient Advisory and Liaison Service. They deal with any problems patients have with Doctors/hospitals. 

Brightness